Thursday, July 26, 2007
Calendar of Events
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open at 646 Old Hwy. 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• SUMMER YOUTH BLAST At First
Pentecostal Church of Holly Springs, 1040 Hwy. 178E. Special singing
and preaching by Bro. Lee Cook. Wed., July 25, 7:30 p.m. Free pizza,
rides available. Youth pastor, Jeremiah Waldrop. 901-438-5579,
• FRESHMAN ORIENTATION Byhalia High School is hosting a freshman orientation, 6:30 p.m. For more information contact Don Jackson, principal.
• SHOULD HIP HOP MUSIC BE IN THE
CHURCH? The Latter Rain Church will show a DVD series on the
effects of Hip Hop music on our youth Thursday, July 26, at 6 p.m.
Admission is free. For more information, contact Sharon White at (662)
252-5800. Elder Joseph Selman, pastor.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT NIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church.
• FISH FRY - True Vine MB Church, 525 West Street, Holly Springs will host a fish fry on Friday, July 27, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Dinners will be $6. Delivery on five or more orders. Darrell E. Cunningham, pastor.
• Political rally, Watson Community Center, Hwy. 309, 1 p.m., July 28. Speaking begins at 2 p.m.
• DAY WITH PASTOR All day with the pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., Kimbrough Chapel Church.
• Political Rally at the Hickory Flat Ball field on Sat., July 28. The political speaking will start at 7 p.m. Fish plates, hamburgers and hot dogs will be sold starting at 5 p.m. There will be an auction and singing during the political speaking. There will also be a dunking booth and fun for the kids. Bring your lawn chair and enjoy the fun. All proceeds go to Bethel United Methodist Church Building Fund.
• GOSPEL EXPLOSION Reid’s Gift MB Church, July 28, at the city park in Potts Camp, 12 noon until. Many groups will be on the program. Pastor, Jerry Williams. Political candidates are invited to share on the program. For more info. call Jerry Williams, 901-338-3845, Emie Sykes, 333-7113, Mary Houston, 333-7625, Gwen Gill, 333-4151. Admission will be charged. Emcees are J.M. Ash and Mary Lesure.
• BENEFIT Chewalla Baptist Church is hosting a benefit for Michelle Allen, daughter of Alton and Leona, 3 p.m. until. There will be an auction, barbecue plates, hamburgers and hotdogs for sale and a gospel singing.
• BENEFIT program will be held for Sisters Lena Wicks Jones and Bobbie Lucas, 7 p.m. at Free Branch. Pastor is A.V. Warren Jr.
• COMMUNITY FUN DAY Chulahoma MB
Church’s Children of Praise will host a community wide Fun-Day on
Saturday, July 28, from 1-6 p.m. at the Chulahoma Lodge. This will be a
fun-filled day with games, prizes, great food and fun for all. Local
praise teams have been invited to perform and share the fun as well.
Rev. John E. Booker Jr., pastor.
• CONCERT Youth and young adult choir concert, Kimbrough Chapel Church.
• 50-YEAR REUNION Galena School PTA is planning a 50-year reunion for all alumni in Sept., 2008. There will be a planning meeting on July 29 at 4 p.m. For more info. call Wavor T. Harris, 564-2845, Patricia Lucas Powers, 564-2214, Cheri Powers Page, 252-5493, or Marsha Newsom, 564-2724.
• HOMECOMING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will be observing the 44th Homecoming/Anniversary with Evangelist and Mrs. Jimmy Bridges of Munford, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Morning service begins at 9:45 a.m. Dinner on the ground will be held with singing afterwards.
• BACK TO SCHOOL PROGRAM Holly Springs
Marshall County Baptist Assoc. announces its second annual program,
Sun., July 29, 3 p.m. The public is invited.
• Beef Cattle Nutrition Short Course
via distance education at the Marshall County Extension Service.
Registration is $50 for the series of five sessions or $15 per
night. Dates are: July 31, Aug. 28, and Sept. 25 from 7-9
p.m.; Oct. 30 and Nov. 27 from 6-8 p.m. To register, call the
Marshall Co. Extension Service at 662-252-3541 for a form and schedule.
• BENEFIT Rising Star M.B. Church,
2519 Higdon Road, is having a benefit program for Consuelo Smith.
Everyone is invited. Pastor is Robert McClain.
• MARSHALL COUNTY CATTLEMAN’S ASSOCIATION. A program on “Land Values Overview” will be presented by Joseph Hill of the Senatobia Branch of Land Bank of North MS at the quarterly meeting of the Marshall Co. Cattleman’s Assoc. Registration starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Marshall Co. Fairgrounds, 1569 Hwy. 7 North in Holly Springs. Pre-registration is required by Monday, July 30. Call 662-252-3541.
• POLITICAL RALLY 2 p.m. on Aug. 2,
east side of the square in Holly Springs. Sponsored by the Pilot Club.
Local and state speakers. The club is asking for donations to sponsor
their many service projects. Food and beverages will also be sold.
• LITTLE MISS AMICAE The ladies of Zeta Amicae of Zeta Phi Beta will host their annual Little Miss Amicae on Saturday, August 4, at 5 p.m. at the Doxie Auditorium on Rust College’s campus. The admission is $3. Please come out and support this event.
• Crunk 4 Christ will be filming on location, August 4, 9 a.m. until noon. Back to School with Purpose Youth Conference, Latter Rain Christian Fellowship, 1720 Martin Luther King Drive, Holly Springs, MS 38635. For more information on the event please contact Sharon White at 662-252-6350.
• BENEFIT YARD SALE The Nurse Angels of Marshall County, a new service organization, will hold a fund-raising yard sale on Aug. 4, on College St., across from Big Star from 7 a.m. until 12 noon. Come get some great stuff and help this worthy new organization get started.
• MEETING The Nurse Angels will have a meeting Aug. 4, right after the yard sale, from 12 noon to 1 p.m. at the Pizza Hut.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM A benefit program for Consuelo Smith will be held at Rising Star M.B. Church, 5 p.m., sponsored by the Dynamic Angels. Sis Gwen Rubin invites everyone Sunday, August 5 to join in monthly prayer service 9 a.m. Followed by Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. Elder Hubie L. Nelson II, pastor. For info. please contact Hubie L. Nelson II, 662-895-5006.
• Family, Friends and Homecoming Day
will be celebrated at Pleasant Hill CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Rev.
Matlock and New Salem Baptist Church of Memphis will be guests. Rev.
Willie Hoey is pastor. Everyone is invited.
• REVIVAL Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193
Marianna Rd., pastor Rev. D. R.J. Wilson, will have their annual
revival, Aug. 6-10, 7 p.m. nightly. Rev. Eddie D. Goliday Sr. from
Clear Creek Baptist Church in Oxford will be the guest evangelist.
Please come join in.
• CONCERT Big Daddy Weave will have a concert at The Flame at the Byhalia Methodist Church. Call for details, 838-2237.
• REVIVAL Free Branch will have their
revival August 9 and 10, 7 p.m. Pastor Charles Dooley of Hamilton
Chapel will be the guest speaker. Pastor is A.V. Warren Jr.
• GOSPEL PLAY Back by popular demand,
“The Last Train To Glory,” Aug. 11, 7 p.m. at the Harrell
Theatre, 440 Powell Rd., Collierville, Tenn. Sponsored by the Mt. Sinai
COGIC Outreach Ministries of Mt. Pleasant. Produced and directed by
Evangelist Richenda Pritchard. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard. See any
member for tickets.
• PASTOR AND WIFE LOVE DAY, True Vine M.B. Church will celebrate its pastor’s and wife’s seventh Love Day on Sunday, August 12, 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor T.L. Murden of True Love Full Gospel Baptist Church of Memphis, Tenn. All are welcome to come share in this celebration. Darrell E. Cunningham, pastor.
• CHILDREN’S DAY SERVICE Jones Grove Church, Sun., Aug. 12, during morning worship service. Dinner will be served.
• REVIVAL CRUSADE The Harris Chapel Missionary Baptist Church located at 2639 Hoover Road will have a “Revival Crusade” August 15-17, 7 p.m. nightly. The speaker will be Pastor Dewitt Glover.
• SUMMER TRIP Jones Grove Church will be going to Geyser Falls Water Theme Park in Philadelphia Aug. 25. Admission and bus fees due by Aug. 5. Call Linda Preston, 662-252-6162 or Melissa Vaughn, 662-252-3335 for more info. Sponsored by Jones Grove Women’s Ministry.
• ANNIVERSARY The Twilight Singers are
celebrating their anniversary, 6:30 p.m., at Dreamland. Groups
include Rev. Herbert Smith and Smith Singers from Grand Junction,
Tenn.; Yarbrough Chapel Choir, Brother Love of Memphis, Tenn.; Stars of
Faith, Great Wings of Joy, Gospel Travelers, Silver Stars all of Holly
Springs; Southernaires of Potts Camp; Southern Harmonizers of
Coldwater; and Keisha Smith of Grand Junction, Tenn. MC will be Rev.
• NIMITZ REUNION The USS Nimitz (CVN-68), Association is looking for shipmates (ship’s company, staff, squadrons and detachments) who served on board the nuclear attack aircraft carrier for a ship’s reunion in Nashville, Tenn., June 19-22, 2008. The Nimitz is currently deployed to the Persian Gulf in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. For more information contact Joe Brunner at firstname.lastname@example.org., or (619) 466-2132 or log onto www.ussnimitzassociation.org for membership.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, email@example.com; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
• NURSE ASSISTANT PROGRAM Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA). Rust College CDC is currently accepting applications for entry into their CNA program. The program will last for two weeks and at no cost to those who are enrolled. Applications can be picked up at the Holly Springs Regional Technology Building located on Hwy. 311 North in Holly Springs. For more information please contact Betty Yates, (662) 252-1488 or Clencie Cotton at (662) 252-4950.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 252-2114 or 252-7570 for van transportation. We have lots of activities every Wed. night with game time, in the new family life center.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page