Thursday, June 7, 2007
Calendar of Events
• RELAY FOR LIFE The annual Relay For Life all-night party and walking relay to benefit the American Cancer Society will be held Fri., June 8, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sat. at the Holly High football field, Coopwood Park, Hwy. 4 East, Holly Springs. “Relay Idol” music competition, lots of food, games and activities for all ages. Everyone urged to attend. Fun all night. No alcohol or smoking.
• RELAY FOR LIFE Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will be onsite to assist where needed.
• Benefit Program - True Vine M.B. Church, located at 525 West Street, will host a benefit program for Mother Fannie Hunt on June 9, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. If you would like to participate on this program, please contact the church at 662-274-0133. Pastor Darrell E. Cunningham, host pastor.
• BENEFIT for Billy Allen, who has leukemia. Sat., June 9, 11 a.m. at Clear Creek Baptist Church in Lamar. Barbecue, hamburgers, hotdogs, auction and singing groups. For more info. call Susie or Ray Byrd, 252-5304.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church, June 9, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• SINGING Emmanuel Baptist Church, Red Banks, June 9, with Still Blessed. Fellowship supper, 5 p.m., singing at 6 p.m. Bro. Don and congregation invite everyone.
• 66 BOOKS OF THE BIBLE Chulahoma MB Church, Sat., June 9, 6 p.m. Pastor Alonzo Johnson and Providence MB Church will be special guests.
• RUMMAGE SALE Friendship Assembly of God will have a rummage sale June 9, 6:30 a.m. For more information or directions please call the church office at (662) 838-4000.
• NO SINGING New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, will NOT have their regular monthly singing Saturday night, June 9, due to the singers having to cancel. There will not be a singing this month but will resume next month.
• FASHION TEA The Holly Springs Marshall County Congress of Christian Education will host its annual Fashion Tea at 5 p.m. Everyone is invited. Family photos are also being offered throughout the day. Call Karen Jones 901-603-5104 for more information.
• OUTREACH FISHING RODEO sponsored by Marianna Baptist Church, Sat., June 9. Registration, 8-9 a.m. at Wall Doxey State Park. Lunch provided. Ages 2-15.
• Cayce Community Family Day will be
held 2 p.m.-8 p.m. at 30 Lee Creek Road. Games, live music, food and
events for everyone, including hot air balloons! For more information
• USHER DAY Kimbrough Chapel Church, June 10, 2:30 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. Guest speaker, Rev. Bruce William and Ark of Safety choir. The public is invited.
• YOUTH DAY Hopewell #1 MB Church
will host its annual Youth and Children’s Day program Sunday, June 10,
at 6 p.m. Minister Jimmy Donnell from Hopewell #2 will be the
guest speaker. The guest choir will be the HSMC District Youth Choir.
Everyone is invited.
• VBS St. Matthew M.B. Church in Byhalia will host their annual Vacation Bible School June 11-15. The time is 6:30-8:30 p.m. nightly. There will be adult and children’s classes. If you need transportation please call 838-5441.
• VBS First Baptist Church, Holly Springs. Four-year-olds through sixth graders. June 11-15, 8:30-11:45 a.m. For more info. call 252-2627.
• VBS Victoria Heights Baptist Church, Hwy. 78 at Victoria exit. June 11-15, 6:30-8 p.m. Kindergarten through sixth grade.
REVIVAL Holy Ghost filled deliverance tent revival will be held at Mt.
Sinai COGIC Outreach Ministry, June 11 through June 15, 7 p.m. nightly.
Guest speaker will be Elder Robert Kelley of Como. Pastor Curtis
Pritchard invites all.
SESSION The Holly Springs Marshall County MB Association announces its
138th annual session, June 12-15, at the Baptist Association building,
6:30 p.m., nighlty. Pastor James Green, moderator. The public is
• 4-H CELEBRATION BANQUET
Rust College, Brown Mass Communications building, 7 p.m. Tickets may be
purchased by contacting Mary Hicks at 252-5920.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST Chulahoma M.B. Church hosts a prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. with Bro. Joseph Ford as guest speaker.
CLASS MEETING The W.T. Sims High School Class of 1967 Club will meet
June 16, at Pizza Hut in Holly Springs. Important, please attend.
Chairman, James Alford.
• FATHER’S DAY PROGRAM Kimbrough Chapel Church, June 17, 11 a.m. service. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
Memorial Service will be held for the late John Phillips, at Faulkner
Park, 3 p.m. For more information call chairperson Shirley Tean Peyton,
564-4040; or co-chairperson, Freeman Phillips, 901-357-9204. Linda
Spears is the advisor.
• VOTER EDUCATION DAY Sat., June 23, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Faulkner Park, Marianna. Sponsored by Chulahoma MB Church.
• CHOIR DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have choir day, Sun., June 24, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• MEN’S DAY Sun., June 24, 3 p.m. with Pastor Rondias Cox and Mt. Peel MB Church as guests. Chulahoma MB Church.
IDA WELLS CELEBRATION at the Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum, July 13-15.
This celebration serves as the primary fund-raiser for the museum.
Please come support this event and the museum.
POLITICAL RALLY to benefit the Waterford Vol. Fire Dept. Sat., July 14,
2 p.m. by the Waterford Post Office. Refreshments will be sold. Open to
• Political rally, Watson Community Center, Hwy. 309, 1 p.m., July 28.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, firstname.lastname@example.org; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
• NURSE ASSISTANT PROGRAM Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA). Rust College CDC is currently accepting applications for entry into their CNA program. The program will last for two weeks and at no cost to those who are enrolled. Applications can be picked up at the Holly Springs Regional Technology Building located on Hwy. 311 North in Holly Springs. For more information please contact Betty Yates, (662) 252-1488 or Clencie Cotton at (662) 252-4950.
• REUNION The Byhalia High School Class of 1997 is trying to locate classmates for the fall reunion. Please contact Tameral Hearn at 901-219-4901, Kerry Porter at 901-299-7051 or Alison Polk at 901-299-8225. You may also email email@example.com.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 252-2114 or 252-7570 for van transportation. We have lots of activities every Wed. night with game time, in the new family life center.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Site managed and maintained by