Thursday, May 31, 2007
Calendar of Events
• REPORT CARDS Holly Springs High School report cards will be available in the guidance office, Thurs., May 31, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
• PHYSICAL for the National Youth Sports Program (NYSP) will be held June 1, 1-4 p.m. in the McMillan Multi-Purpose Building, Rust College campus. The first 100 to register will receive the $10 physical. NYSP will be held June 4-27 For more info. call 252-8000, ext. 4012.
• SOCIAL MEETING for all former General Electric Memphis Light Plant employees, Fri., June 1 at Barnhill’s Country Buffet, 6191 Stage Rd., Memphis/Bartlett, Tenn., from 1-3 p.m. Call Dot Bowers at 838-5231 for more info.
• FISH FRY The Big Star Baggers Relay for Life team will have a fundraiser at 11 a.m. until with Kenny Dickerson cooking his famous fish. Price is $8 a plate. Each of us knows someone with cancer or someone who had cancer. Please help us make this a success.
• Potts Camp Class of 1977 Reunion – Classes of 1975, 1976 and 1978 are invited; 6:30 p.m. at Wall Doxey State Park Lodge. For reservations contact Nancy Gurley Green, 662-333-6658. Deadline for reservations is Friday, May 25.
• SCHOOL REUNION AND DEDICATION will be held Saturday, June 2, starting at 10 a.m. There will be a catered lunch at noon for a charge. All former teachers, students, etc. are encouraged to attend. Call 662-333-6350 to make reservations for the day. Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Singing, Chewalla Baptist Church, 7 p.m. with fellowship at 6 p.m.
• Singing, 7 p.m., at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 1/2 mile south of Goodman Rd. on Cayce Rd. Featuring the Key Notes. Everyone is invited.
• JUBILEE DAY The Apostolic Church of Jesus located 178 Stonewall Road, Byhalia, will be having their June Jubilee Day, 4-8 p.m. Everyone is invited. Please bring someone with you. There will be food, gospel singing, clowns, face painting and other activities. This is a great way of getting to know our community and meeting you.
• POLITICAL RALLY Chulahoma Lodge, Hwy. 4 West, Sat., June 2, 2 p.m. Food and refreshments will be sold.
• CHILD ID PROGRAM Sat., June 2, at Webster’s Supermarket in Ashland, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Free service provided by the Benton County Sheriff’s Department and merchants throughout the county.
• SINGING Emory Independent Methodist Church at Watson, June 3, 6 p.m. with Billy and Vicky Sky as guest singers.
• Seventh Year Church Anniversary Celebration will be held at True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., Sun, June 3, 2:30 p.m. Guest church will be Old Nonconnah MB Church, pastor, John Harris. Everyone is invited. Host pastor, Darrell E. Cunningham.
• HOMECOMING St. Mark MB Church, Sun., June 3, 3 p.m. Church picnic, Sat., June 2, at St. Mark, beginning at 1 p.m. St. Mark is celebrating 101 years. Pastor, Rev. Derrick Gibbs.
• LOVE DAY McIntyre MB Church will have their pastor and wife Love Day, Sun., June 3, 2:30 p.m. with guest speaker, Joe Powell of Bell Grove. Host pastor, Andrew Fluker.
• WORSHIP SERVICE First Sun. night worship service, Kimbrough Chapel Church, June 3, 7 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. Guest speaker, Rev. Etoy Bogard.
• STEWARDESS DAY Pleasant Hill CME Church, Mt. Pleasant, June 3, 2:30 p.m. with Rev. Raymond Womack of St. James CME Church, Houston, Tx. as speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites all.
• 100 MEN IN BLACK Sun., June 3, 6 p.m., Chulahoma MB Church. Pastor Goliday and Clear Creek MB Church of Oxford will be guests.
• TENT REVIVAL Sponsored by Mt. Sinai COGIC Outreach Ministry, Mon., June 4 through June 22. Guest speaker for the first week will be Prophet Jeremy Gatlin of Atlanta, Ga. Services begin at 7 p.m. nightly. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• REVIVAL Isaac Chapel CME Church, 7080 Hernando Rd., Byhalia, will have revival June 5-7, 7 p.m. nightly. Rev. Derrick LeSeur will be guest speaker. Host pastor, Rev. Willie Ward.
• RELAY FOR LIFE Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will be onsite to assist where needed.
• Benefit Program - True Vine M.B. Church located at 525 West Street, will host a benefit program for Mother Fannie Hunt on June 9, 6 p.m. Every one is invited. If you would like to participate on this program, please contact the church at 662-274-0133. Pastor Darrell E. Cunningham, host pastor.
• BENEFIT for Billy Allen, who has leukemia. Sat., June 9, 11 a.m. at Clear Creek Baptist Church in Lamar. Barbecue, hamburgers, hotdogs, auction and singing groups. For more info. call Susie or Ray Byrd, 252-5304.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church, June 9, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• SINGING Emmanuel Baptist Church, Red Banks, June 9, with Steel Breast. Fellowship supper, 5 p.m., singing at 6 p.m. Bro. Don and congregation invite everyone.
• 66 BOOKS OF THE BIBLE Chulahoma MB Church, Sat., June 9, 6 p.m. Pastor Alonzo Johnson and Providence MB Church will be special guests.
• USHER DAY Kimbrough Chapel Church, June 10, 2:30 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. Guest speaker, Rev. Bruce William and Ark of Safety choir. The public is invited.
• YOUTH DAY Hopewell #1 MB Church will host its annual Youth and Children’s Day program Sunday, June 10, at 6 p.m. Minister Jimmy Donnell from Hopewell #2 will be the guest speaker. The guest choir will be the HSMC District Youth Choir. Everyone is invited.
• VBS St. Matthew M.B. Church in Byhalia will host their annual Vacation Bible School June 11-15. The time is 6:30-8:30 p.m. nightly. There will be adult and children’s classes. If you need transportation please call 838-5441.
• VBS First Baptist Church, Holly Springs. Four-years-old through 6th graders. June 11-15, 8:30-11:45 a.m. For more info. call 252-2627.
• VBS Victoria Heights Baptist Church, Hwy. 78 at Victoria exit. June 11-15, 6:30-8 p.m. Kindergarten through 6th grade.
• 4-H CELEBRATION BANQUET Rust College, Brown Mass Communications building, 7 p.m. Tickets may be purchased by contacting Mary Hicks at 252-5920.
• FATHER’S DAY PROGRAM Kimbrough Chapel Church, June 17, 11 a.m. service. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• VOTER EDUCATION DAY Sat., June 23, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Faulkner Park, Marianna. Sponsored by Chulahoma MB Church.
• CHOIR DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have choir day, Sun., June 24, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• MEN’S DAY Sun., June 24, 3 p.m. with Pastor Rondias Cox and Mt. Peel MB Church as guests. Chulahoma MB Church.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, email@example.com; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
(662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
managed and maintained by