Thursday, May 3, 2007
Calendar of Events
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open at 646 Old Hwy. 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• THE BYHALIA HIGH SCHOOL Drama Club presents American Pop Forever, 7:00 p.m. at the Byhalia High School Gymnasium. Come enjoy the show!
• BENEFIT New Hope Village homeless shelter, Fri., May 4 at the VFW in Holly Springs. Fish or spaghetti plates, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Eat in or carry out.
• BAKE SALE By the Marshall County Homemakers Club on Friday, May 4 at Wal-Mart in Holly Springs starting at 9 a.m. Come by and get your desserts for the weekend. For more information on the Homemakers Clubs, contact Janet Jolley, County Extension director at 662-252-3541.
• SINGING Sat., May 5, Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 1/2 mile south of Goodman Rd. on Cayce Rd. Featuring the Williams Family, 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• REUNION Baker, Leopard and Sides family reunion, May 5 at a new location, the Chulahoma community center. Festivities begin at 12 noon. Everyone please bring a main dish and a side dish. Please spread the word. Sponsored by Carolyn Burnett, Billy Lovorn and Michelle St. John. 662-288-0105 or 252-6058 for more info.
• BENEFIT For Azzie Lee Dean, 5:30 p.m. on Sat., May 5 at Bell Grove MB Church, Tyro Rd., Holly Springs. Pastor Joe Powell, sponsor, Sis. Janilla Marlin.
• MAY DAY The Lessye Lee Davis May Day parade, Sat., May 5, 11 a.m. Memorial service, Hill Crest Cemetery, 8:30 a.m.; 10 a.m. parade line-up. Annual event, in memory of Lessye Lee “Mama Lessye” Davis, longtime Homemaker’s Club advisor. The parade begins at the M.I. campus.
• DINNER The grandchildren of Agrippa Craine request your presence at a dinner in his honor, May 5, 2 p.m. at Liberty Hill MB Church fellowship hall.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST Hudsonville CME Church, Rev. Bobby G. Wilson, pastor. Sat., May 5, 8 a.m.
• Huge yard sale. May 5, beginning at 7 a.m. Everything must go! Cheap, cheap, cheap! Raising money to send kids to camp. Pancake breakfast 7-10 a.m. Free Springs United Methodist Church, 76 CR 511, Harmontown. One mile off Hwy. 310, turn at Piney Point. Signs will be up!
• FLEA MARKET & FISH FRY St. Paul Outreach Center, Sat., May 5, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Come out for a day of shopping and fun. Variety of booths. 1393 Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia, MS 38611.
• FISH FRY and cake walk, sponsored by Mt. Olive Church, Potts Camp, at the home of mayor Jimmie Collins, Sat., May 5, 2 p.m. until. All proceeds go to the Relay For Life.
• MEETING H. W. Byers Elementary sixth graders and parents have their first junior high meeting on Thursday, May 10 at 6 p.m. in the library. Come to get information about the transistion to junior high from the elementary.
• SINGING At Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 1/2 mile south of Goodman Road on Cayce Road, featuring the Williams family. Singing will be at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• BENEFIT FISH FRY for Austin McDonald will be held at The Bethlehem Church of The Lord Jesus Christ, 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. The school is located at 100 Overton School Road, 7 miles south of Potts Camp off Highway 349. The fish will be prepared by Sheriff Kenny Dickerson.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Latter Rain Church of Holly Springs, 9:00 a.m., in observance of the nation’s day of prayer. For more information, contact Mother Annie Jones at 551-1507. Elder Joseph Selman is Pastor.
• FASHION SHOW The American Cancer Society Marshall County CSI Team is sponsoring a Fashion Show, 7 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church. Special guests will be the Holy Family Drill Team. This is a part of the effort to raise the goal of $55,000.
• CHOIR DAY Free Branch MB Church, Pastor A.V. Warren Jr., Sun., May 6, 3 p.m. Bible study, Wed., 6 p.m.
• FIRST SUNDAY IN MAY Worship service, 7 p.m. at Kimbrough Chapel Church in Lamar. Guest speaker, Rev. Terry Marden and True Love Full Gospel Church. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• 100 MEN IN BLACK & WOMEN IN HATS Jones Grove MB Church, Sun., May 6, 3 p.m. Pastor Earnest Jordan from Jordan Temple will be guest speaker. The public is invited. Pastor, John Powell.
• CHOIR DAY Pleasant Hill CME Church, May 6, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Mt. Pleasant.
• REVIVAL Victoria Heights Baptist Church, with evangelist David Ford, starting Sunday, May 6, at 6:30 p.m. Services Monday - Friday start at 7 p.m. A nursery will be available for children 4 and under. Victoria Heights is located at Hwy. 78 and Victoria Road.
• Gospel tent meeting at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church with Larry Kiovs from Jonesboro, Ark. as guest speaker, 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. services. Everyone is invited. The church is located 1/2 mile south of Goodman Road, on Cayce Road.
• MEETING Cayce Fire Dept. will have their annual meeting at the station, 30 Lee Creek Rd. on May 7, 7 p.m. Two members up for re-election. All members paid by 7 p.m. can vote.
• PTA MEETING The Holly Springs Jr. High School PTA’s last meeting of the school year has been rescheduled due to MCT Testing. The meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Parents and teachers we need your support. See you at the meeting.
• BENEFIT Bone marrow drive/fish fry for Teresa Billings Marcum, a 1981 graduate of Byhalia High School, who is battling leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant. A bone marrow drive and benefit fish fry, with Sheriff Dickerson cooking, will be held Sat., May 12, at the Barton Fire Dept., 11 a.m.-4 p.m., 5135 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.) Everyone is invited. Please bring a friend. For more info. call Kim, 662-838-6849, cell, 901-268-1775 or Pam, 901-486-0056.
• SINGING New Hope Baptist Church Hwy. 72, Slayden will be having their regular monthly singing Saturday night, May 12, starting at 7 p.m. Featured group will be The Barnett’s from Stanton, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend. Fellowship supper after singing.
• Second Saturday, the Marshall County Humane Society’s farmers’ and flea market, will be open from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the VFW in Holly Springs. Call Lynn Pullen at 901-490-8553 for information on getting your own booth.
• FLEA MARKET Northwest Side Civic Club, 34 CR 504, Harmontown. Sat., May 12. Arts, crafts, jewelry, canned goods, cosmetics, baked goods and more. All vendors welcome. Call Sherry, 662-526-5773.
• GOSPEL SINGING AND FISH FRY will be held at Immanual Baptist Church on Red Banks Road. Featured singers will be “Reaching Out”. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m. Bro. Don and congregation invite all.
•MOTHER’S DAY PROGRAM Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 11 a.m.
• SINGING Sun., May 13, Friendship Baptist Church, corner of Old Hernando and Raven Roads, Holly Springs. Featuring the Underwoods from Tupelo. Service at 11 a.m., lunch at 12 and singing in the afternoon. Bro. Charles Knight, pastor. All are invited.
• SPAGHETTI SUPPER The Church of the Living Gospel at Watson is having a Spaghetti Supper, 5-7 p.m. Plate includes spaghetti, salad, dessert and tea. $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children. Eat in or take out. All proceeds benefit youth group.
• MEN’S CONCERT 100 Men in Black, 6 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• FISH FRY The Big Star Baggers Relay for Life will have a fundraiser at 11 a.m. until with Kenny Dickerson cooking his famous fish. Price is $8.00 a plate. Each of us knows someone with cancer or someone who had cancer. Please help us make this a success.
• BENEFIT YARD SALE Piperton United Methodist Church will have a yard/bake sale to benefit Reelfoot Rural Ministries, Sat., May 19, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. The church is located about a mile east of Collierville on Hwy. 57. Call Diane Morris, 901-861-4990, Floyd Stewart, 662-851-4983 for more info. or pickup of large items.
• OPEN HORSE SHOW The Benton County 4-H Horse Club is holding its annual benefit Open Horse Show at the Agricenter in Ashland. Gates open at 12 noon, show starts at 2:00 p.m. All ages welcome. Concessions, silent auction and raffles. Classes may be sponsored or items donated for the silent auction by contacting volunteers, Lisa Childers, 333-7059 or Michele Graves, 837-0550.
• WOMEN’S DAY Free Branch MB Church, Sun., May 20, during regular worship service. Bible study, Weds., 6 p.m.
• WOMEN’S DAY St. Paul CME Church presents The Shades of Purple, during their annual Women’s Day program, Sun., May 20, 3 p.m. Pastor, Rev. Tony Wilkins.
• CHURCH ANNIVERSARY Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, will celebrate their church anniversary, Sun., May 20, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. and Kimbrough Chapel MB Church of Lamar. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School class of 1982, May 25-27. If you have not received your letter, please call Claude Vinson at 901-794-9784.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church, with Minister Micheal Johnson and Jones Grove as the guests. Minister Nathaniel Jr. and family, sponsors. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• MEETING H.W. Byers, Mt. Pleasant, class of 1997, will have a meeting, May 26, 1 p.m. at Barnhills in Collierville, Tenn.
• HOMECOMING Kimbrough Chapel Church, May 27, 11 a.m. with guest speaker Rev. Antonio Mattox and New Salem Fellowship Ministry from Memphis, Tenn.
(662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
managed and maintained by