Thursday, April 26, 2007
Calendar of Events
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open at 646 Old Hwy. 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• REVIVAL Jones Grove MB Church, April 25-27, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Roger Powell from Friendship MB Church, Pontotoc, will be the evangelist.
• MEETING Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club ( juniors and seniors) will meet at the Marshall County Library, April 26, 6 p.m.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church, April 27, 7 p.m. Pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. Guest speaker, Rev. David Gullege and Jordan Chapel CME Church. All youth are invited.
• ANTIQUE APPRAISAL FAIR Ames Plantation, Grand Junction, Tenn. April 28, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Bryan Hall. Cost per item. All proceeds go toward restoring the 1830’s Stencil House located at Ames Plantation. Find complete info. and map at www.amesplantation.org. Several expert appraisers will be onsite, donating their time.
• LOVE CELEBRATION For Mother Lettie Moore, April 28, 6:30 p.m. at Community Temple Holiness, Mt. Zion Rd. Guest speaker, Pastor Ricky Johnson, Whiteville, Tenn. Host pastor, Elder Frank Moore. 851-7468, 851-3388.
• BANQUET Jones Grove MB Church will host their first annual banquet at the Zeta Sigma building in Holly Springs, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin from Greenwood and Everett Chapel Churches in Ashland. Tickets can be purchased from any Jones Grove member.
• SUPER SUNDAY Kimbrough Chapel Church, April 29, 7 a.m. until. All day services. The public is invited. Pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• WOMEN’S DAY Mt. Teamer CME Church, Holly Springs, sponsored by the Missionaries. April 29, 3 p.m. with speaker Minister Lexine Smith. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Willie Harper.
• UNITY PROGRAM United We Stand/Divided We Fall loving ministry, 1883 St. Paul Rd., Warsaw area. Sun., April 29, 3 p.m. Speaker, pastor Larry Snow.
• PAGEANT Teens on a mission pageant, Hudsonville CME Church, Rev. Bobby G. Wilson, pastor. Sun., April 29, 5 p.m. at the family life center.
• SUPER SUNDAY Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, April 29, beginning at 7 a.m. and going all day long with preaching, singing, food, fellowship and fun. Everyone is invited. 1182 Kimbrough Chapel Rd., Lamar. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., pastor.
• Family Fun Festival at Lighthouse Assembly of God, Bethel Rd., April 29, at 10:30 a.m. www.lagwebsite.com, 662-895-5742. Games of all kinds, pastor’s testimony, drinks and food, good atmosphere! Bounce all day! Animals to pet. Dress ready to play.
• FIFTH SUNDAY WORSHIP Holly Springs Marshall County MB Association, Sun., April 29, 3 p.m. at the Baptist Assoc. building. Rev. W.L. Hightower, president of the New Educational State Convention, will be the speaker. HSMC District Male Chorus will render selections. The public is invited. Pastor James Green, moderator.
• 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL Jones Grove MB Church, Sun., April 29, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain from Rising Star MB Church will be guest speaker. The public is invited.
• MULE MEETING Everyone is invited to the first Mule Association meeting, May 1, 7 p.m. at L&S Tire (Goodyear) in Senatobia. Refreshments will be served. Fun for the whole family. For more info., Mark Massey, 562-8223, 519-3489; Leon Jolly, 487-3599, 601-481-4206; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BENEFIT New Hope Village homeless shelter, Fri., May 4 at the VFW in Holly Springs. Fish or spaghetti plates, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Eat in or carry out.
• SINGING Sat., May 5, Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 1/2 mile south of Goodman Rd. on Cayce Rd. Featuring the Williams Family, 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• REUNION Baker, Leopard and Sides family reunion, May 5 at a new location, the Chulahoma community center. Festivities begin at 12 noon. Everyone please bring a main dish and a side dish. Please spread the word. Sponsored by Carolyn Burnett, Billy Lovorn and Michelle St. John. 662-288-0105 or 252-6058 for more info.
• BENEFIT For Azzie Lee Dean, 5:30 p.m. on Sat., May 5 at Bell Grove MB Church, Tyro Rd., Holly Springs. Pastor Joe Powell, sponsor, Sis. Janilla Marlin.
• MAY DAY The Lessye Lee Davis May Day parade, Sat., May 5, 11 a.m. Memorial service, Hill Crest Cemetery, 8:30 a.m.; 10 a.m. parade line-up. Annual event, in memory of Lessye Lee “Mama Lessye” Davis, longtime Homemakers Club advisor. The parade begins at the M.I. campus.
• DINNER The grandchildren of Agrippa Craine request your presence at a dinner in his honor, May 5, 2 p.m. at Liberty Hill MB Church fellowship hall.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST Hudsonville CME Church, Rev. Bobby G. Wilson, pastor. Sat., May 5, 8 a.m.
• Huge yard sale. May 5, beginning at 7 a.m. Everything must go! Cheap, cheap, cheap! Raising money to send kids to camp. Pancake breakfast 7-10 a.m. Free Springs United Methodist Church, 76 CR 511, Harmontown. One mile off Hwy. 310, turn at Piney Point. Signs will be up!
• FLEA MARKET & FISH FRY St. Paul Outreach Center, Sat., May 5, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Come out for a day of shopping and fun. Variety of booths. 1393 Hwy 309 S., Byhalia, MS 38611.
• FISH FRY and cake walk, sponsored by Mt. Olive Church, Potts Camp, at the home of mayor Jimmie Collins, Sat., May 5, 2 p.m. until. All proceeds go to the Relay For Life.
• CHOIR DAY Free Branch MB Church, Pastor A.V. Warren Jr., Sun., May 6, 3 p.m. Bible study, Wed., 6 p.m.
• FIRST SUNDAY IN MAY Worship service, 7 p.m. at Kimbrough Chapel Church in Lamar. Guest speaker, Rev. Terry Marden and True Love Full Gospel Church. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• 100 MEN IN BLACK & WOMEN IN HATS Jones Grove MB Church, Sun., May 6, 3 p.m. Pastor Earnest Jordan from Jordan Temple will be guest speaker. The public is invited. Pastor, John Powell.
• CHOIR DAY Pleasant Hill CME Church, May 6, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Mt. Pleasant.
• MEETING Cayce Fire Dept. will have their annual meeting at the station, 30 Lee Creek Rd. on May 7, 7 p.m. Two members up for re-election. All members paid by 7 p.m. can vote.
• BENEFIT Bone marrow drive/fish fry for Teresa Billings Marcum, a 1981 graduate of Byhalia High School, who is battling leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant. A bone marrow drive and benefit fish fry, with Sheriff Dickerson cooking, will be held Sat., May 12, at the Barton Fire Dept., 11 a.m.-4 p.m., 5135 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.) Everyone is invited. Please bring a friend. For more info. call Kim, 662-838-6849, cell, 901-268-1775 or Pam, 901-486-0056.
•MOTHER’S DAY PROGRAM Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 11 a.m.
• MEN’S CONCERT 100 Men in Black, 6 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• WOMEN’S DAY Free Branch MB Church, Sun., May 20, during regular worship service. Bible study, Weds., 6 p.m.
• WOMEN’S DAY St. Paul CME Church presents The Shades of Purple, during their annual Women’s Day program, Sun., May 20, 3 p.m. Pastor, Rev. Tony Wilkins.
• CHURCH ANNIVERSARY Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, will celebrate their church anniversary, Sun., May 20, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. and Kimbrough Chapel MB Church of Lamar. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School class of 1982, May 25-27. If you have not received your letter, please call Claude Vinson at 901-794-9784.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church, with Minister Micheal Johnson and Jones Grove as the guests. Minister Nathaniel Jr. and family, sponsors. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• MEETING H.W. Byers, Mt. Pleasant, class of 1997, will have a meeting, May 26, 1 p.m. at Barnhills in Collierville, Tenn.
• HOMECOMING Kimbrough Chapel Church, May 27, 11 a.m. with guest speaker Rev. Antonio Mattox and New Salem Fellowship Ministry from Memphis, Tenn.
(662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
managed and maintained by