Thursday, March 15, 2007
Calendar of Events
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open at 646 Old Hwy. 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• YOUTH CAMP MEETING The Youth Department of the Latter Rain Church hosts a three day meeting beginning at 7 p.m. For more information, contact Minister Michael Webb at 252-6350. Elder Joseph Selman is host pastor.
• REVIVAL The Church of the Living Gospel at Watson will be in revival March 15-16 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, March 18 at 1 p.m. Special guests will be the Sloan Family.
• SENIOR MEMBERS ONLY (ages 14-18) of the Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Extension Office at 5:30 p.m.
• MEETING Marshall County Republicans will have an executive committee meeting at the Marshall County Library at 6:30 p.m. in the meeting room., The committee will review all candidates wanting to run on the Republican ticket in Marshall County.
• CLASS MEETING The Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is having its 25th year reunion. If you have not received a letter please contact Claude Vinson by March 16 at 901-794-9784 after 7 p.m.
• LOCK-IN Yarbrough Chapel CME Church hosts a youth and young adults lock-in at 6:00 p.m. The church is located at 2997 Old Hwy. 4 West, Holly Springs. Bring your sleeping bag and stay for a fun filled night with inspirational speakers, fun and games. The event is free. Adult supervision will be provided.
• GALA MCJ Business Complex, 2nd annual gala, Sat., Mar. 17, 7 p.m. at Dreamland. Sunday or evening attire only. 662-522-9002.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST MacIntyre Church, March 17, 8-11 a.m. Old Hwy 4 West. 252-1661.
• DOG SCHOOL Canine Obedience classes will begin at 9 a.m. on Sat., March 17, at the Holly Springs Fire Department. The six-week class offered by K-9 Search One teaches dogs basic good manners, and how to respond to simple commands. Bring dog, choke chain collar, leash, and rabies/distemper/parvo virus shot records to first class. Call 252-1004 for more info.
• BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, March 17, 9:30 a.m. at the Thyatira Life Center gym, 173 Thyatira-Tyro Rd. Food and refreshments will be sold.
• YOUTH CAREER DAY Latter Rain Church, Sat., March 17, 10 a.m. Special guests will be attorney Brian Neely of Tupelo, Dr. Cassandra Hawkins of Cockrell Family Medical Center, Holly Springs; Gary Hickman, vice president of First State Bank and Marco Robinson, social science instructor, Rust College. For more info., please call the church, 252-6350. Elder Joseph Selman, pastor.
• MEETING Marshall County Republicans will have their regular meeting, Marshall County Library, Holly Springs at 10 a.m. Coffee and light snacks.
• SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church Saturday night singing will be held with Mike DeVore as special guest. Fellowship at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m.
• MEN & WOMEN’S DAY Sun., March 18, Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, 3 p.m. Guests will be Elder Crutchfield and the King’s Temple COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• USHER PROGRAM Mt. Teamer CME Church, March 18, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be pastor Derrick Gibbs of St. Mark MB Church, Holly Springs. Everyone is invited. Willie Harper, pastor.
• DINNER New Dimension Salt & Light will be hosting a dinner, “all you can put on your carry-out,” March 18, 1 p.m. So if you don’t feel like cooking come out and enjoy the feast. For more info. please call Sis. Mary Sims, 901-603-8009. 187 McAlexander Road, Holly Springs.
• PASTOR’S LOVE DAY will be held at Rising Star M.B. Church, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Joe Wiley and the New Shelby Church family. Everyone is invited.
• BOOSTER MEETING The Holly Springs Band Booster Club meeting will be held at 5:00 p.m. in the band hall. All members and parents are asked to attend.
• PTA MEETING The Holly Springs Jr. High School announces the upcoming PTA meeting which has been rescheduled for 6 p.m. All donut orders and money will be due. PTA president is Shelia Walton.
• 4-H MEETING Junior members only (ages 8-13) of the Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. Anyone interested in joining, please come.
• MEETING The Potts Camp School class of 1977 is having a planning meeting for their 30-year class reunion at Flick’s Restaurant (Dutch treat) in Potts Camp at 7 p.m. on March 22. Classes of 1975, 1976 and 1978 are invited to join. Call Lisa Shaw Liddy at 252-3842 for more info.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church, 7 p.m. Guest speaker Rev. Hoey and Pleasant Hill Church.
• BENEFIT for Bradley Reece will be held at the Oak Palace, 4:00-8:00 p.m. Barbecue plates will be sold. Tickets may be purchased at the door or at The South Reporter. Dine in or take out. Also, collecting donations for raffle. Donations may be made to Bradley Reece Benefit, c/o M&F Bank, 650 Hwy. 7, Holly Springs, MS 38635. For more information, contact David Hinshaw, 274-0488 (after 5), Jeana Rowland, 252-4515 (after 5), or Lisa Jones, 252-2857 (after 5).
• HORSE SHOW March 24 at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Gates open at 2 p.m., show begins at 4 p.m. For more info., please call 252-5441. If ice or snow, show will be cancelled.
• SINGING Fourth Sat. night singing, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, featuring local guest singers with congregational singing for all. Everyone is invited. 7 p.m.
• STORK’S NEST OPENING Zeta Upsilon Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority announces the Stork’s Nest opening, 2nd and 4th Saturdays, 10 a.m.-12 noon at 160 S. Spring St. (Literacy Council building). Free pre- and post-natal services for expecting mothers through age 25.
• SPECIAL SERVICE New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden will be having a special event Saturday night, March 24, starting at 6:00 p.m. Featured guests will be Bro. Faron Ash and his members from Bluff Springs Baptist Church in Ashland. They will be singing and putting on a puppet show with a message from Bro. Faron. It is an inspirational blessing for all ages. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend this special event with them. There will be a fellowship supper afterwards.
• SINGING Rice Chapel Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, will have a singing with the Mink Family family Baldwyn. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Walter Myers is pastor.
• Benefit program for Cordell Todd will be held at St. Paul M.B. Church, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 6 p.m. Rev. Andrew Cheairs is pastor.
• HOSPITALITY WORKSHOP The Hospitality Department of the Latter Rain Church will host its annual Hospitality Workshop at 10 a.m. Registration is $10. Refreshment served. For more information call Karee Heath at 544-3876. Elder Joseph Selman is pastor.March 25
• TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL PROGRAM Free Branch MB Church, with minister Kirby Holloway as the morning speaker, 11 a.m. service and pastor A.V. Warren Jr. as the afternoon speaker at 2 p.m. Many churches have been invited. Bible study, Wed., 6 p.m.
• MEN & WOMEN’S DAY Kimbrough Chapel Church, Sun., March 25, 11 a.m. Pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. Speaker, Rev. James Green, Finley Grove.
• ANNIVERSARY Hopewell No. 1 will celebrate their 140th anniversary, Sun., March 25, 10:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Rev. Dedrick Lesure will be the morning speaker. Dr. John will be the afternoon speaker. Macedonia Baptist Church of Memphis will be guest. Deacon Michael Crittle, chairman, Rev. Leroy James, host pastor. Everyone is invited. Glen Falkner will play his saxophone melodies.
• MEN & WOMEN’S DAY Community Temple Church, March 25, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker, dinner served. Host pastor, Elder Frank Moore. 851-3388.
• SPECIAL SPEAKER Elder Morris Riddle of St. Louis, Mo. will be the speaker during the morning service at Gray’s Chapel CME Church at 11 a.m. Pastor is Harold Stanfield.
• FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM will be held at Anointed Truth Outreach Ministries International Church at 3 p.m. Pastor Jerry Christian of Yarbrough Chapel and members will be our guests. The church is located at 28 Tyro Road, Chulahoma.
• WOMEN’S DAY The Heart to H.A.R.T. Ministries of the Latter Rain Church will have their Women’s Day Service at 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Prophetess Fannie Hightower of Greater Community Church of God. For more information call 252-6350.
• ADULT SOFTBALL The Holly Springs Parks and Recreation Department announces the beginning of the 2007 men’s and women’s softball season. Registration fees are due by March 29 at the City Hall. Office hours are from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Coaches meeting set for 7 p.m. For more information call 252-4807.
• WOMEN’S CONFERENCE will be held at Giver of Abundant Life Ministries, Inc., 1063 Highway 7 South, March 30-31 and April 1. Conference host is Pastor Lovvaner Cooper.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM Pleasant Grove MB Church, pastored by Rev. S.A. Phillips, for Deacon Wavie C. hall and Mrs. Odessa Hall, March 31, 6 p.m. For more info. call Frankie Bell at 252-2148. All family and friends are asked for their support.
• BREEDING SOUNDNESS EXAM DAY Marshall Co. Cattleman's Association, Steve Elgin, president, announces a Breeding Soundness Exam Day on March 31 at the Marshall Co. Fairgrounds. For more information contact the Marshall Co. Extension Office at 662-252-3541.
• EASTER EGG HUNT Faith Baptist Church, Hickory Flat, Sat., March 31, 2 p.m. Lots of games, prizes, refreshments, Easter basket decorating, face painting and fun for all ages. Rain date, April 7. For more info. call Rhonda Ash, 333-4193 or Deborah Thompson, 333-7985.
• EASTER EGG HUNT will be held at First Southern Baptist Church in Victoria at 4 p.m. Children 12 and under are invited.
• FISH FRY Cayce Fish Fry will be held at the Fire Station, 30 Lee Creek Road., 4:30 to 7 p.m. The fish will be cooked by Kenny Dickerson and his crew and includes fish, fries, hushuppies, slaw, tea or coffee and dessert. Call 662-851-7384, 851-7634, or 662-851-7922 for more information.
• EASTER SERVICES will be held at Macedonia Baptist Church beginning with Sunrise Service at 6:30 p.m. with breakfast following. Worship service will be held at 11 a.m. The church is located at 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia.
• REUNION The Byhalia High School Class of 1997 is trying to locate classmates for the fall reunion. Please contact Tameral Hearn at 901-219-4901, Kerry Porter at 901-299-7051 or Alison Polk at 901-299-8225. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• REUNION Byhalia High School Classes of 1980-1981-1982 and 1983 is planning a reunion. Please contact Paula Wheeler-Davis 662-838-7194 or email@example.com, Vivian Rogers-Gulledge 901-870-1210, or Ruby Shaw-Blackmon 662-838-6996 or Martha Jones-Rogers, 901-361-8480 for more details.
(662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
managed and maintained by