ready for run for offices
The candidate list is set for this year’s
Marshall County elections.
Qualifying deadline was 5 p.m. last Thursday,
- Chancery clerk – C.W. (Chuck) Thomas (D) and Tim Wilson (R).
- Circuit clerk – Lucy Carpenter (D).
- Coroner – John Garrison (D), James C. Green (D), James Richard
Anderson (D) and Bobby L. Watson (I).
- County attorney – Fred M. Belk Jr. (D), Shirley Byers (D)
and Bill Schneller (D).
- Sheriff – Kenny Dickerson (D), Jimmy Brown (D) and Johnny
- Superintendent of education – Michael E. (Mike) Hamblin (D)
and Don Randolph (D).
- Tax assessor – Casey Hillmer (D), Annie Moffitt Lucas (D),
Juanita M. Dillard (D) and Donna Fitch Olita (D).
- Tax collector – Betty Byrd (D).
- Supervisor, District 1 – Willie Flemon Jr. (D), Richard Novarese
(D) and Scott Foster (R).
- Supervisor, District 2 – Eddie Dixon (D).
- Supervisor, District 3 – Keith Taylor (D).
- Supervisor, District 4 – George Zinn III (D), Glen Miller
Johnson (D), George Powell (D).
- Supervisor, District 5 – Ronnie Joe Bennett (D), Lake Johnson
(D), Kenneth McMullen (D), Jimmy Siddall (D), Rex Yeager (D) and Edward
- Constable North District – Johnny Fitch (D), Billy Jamieson
(D), Mark Turner (D) and George W. Kahrs (R).
- Constable South District – Don Cothern (D) and Terry Kilpatrick
- Justice Court Judge North – Eugene D. Brown Jr. (D), Clencie
L. Cotton (D), Mae Garrison (D), Winfred J. Allen (D).
- Justice Court Judge South – Ernest Cunningham (D).
District qualifiers include:
- Northern Public Service Commissioner – Rick Clifton, (D),
Michael Parker (D), Brandon Presley (D) and Mabel Murphree (R).
- Northern Transportation – James K. “Ken” Hurt
(D), Larry Lee (D) and William “Bill” Minor (D).
- District Attorney District 3 – Benjamin Creekmore (D).
- House of Representatives District 5 – Kelvin O. Buck (D),
James Richard Dunworth (R) and Hoyt Johnson (R).
- House of Representatives District 13 – Jack Gadd (D) and
John Helmert (R).
- House of Representatives District 52 – Tommy Woods (R).
- Senate District 2 – Henry Boyd (D), Steven “King”
Fisher (D), Conway Moore (D), Bill Stone (D) and Ralph Doxey (R).
The first primary is Tuesday, Aug.
7, with the runoff set for Tuesday, Aug. 28. The general election is
Tuesday, Nov. 8.
For more information on the 2007 elections,
contact the circuit clerk’s office, 252-3434, or log on to the
Mississippi Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.state.ms.us.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
| Top of Page