Thursday, July 6, 2006
Calendar of Events
• BIBLE STUDY Barton Baptist Church will have supper and Bible study, each Wed. night for the month of July, 6 p.m. Supper at 6 p.m. and classes for different age groups at 7 p.m. 523 Quinn Rd., Byhalia. 662-895-2306.
• DEDICATION A dedication memorial service in honor of the late board member David A. Houck will be held at New Hope Village, Thurs., July 6, 6 p.m. The Re-Sale Shop will be dedicated in his memory. The public is invited. Refreshments will be served.
• RUMMAGE SALE July 7-8, Watson VFD’s rummage sale. One half mile west of the Watson four-way stop. Follow signs. 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. -- rain or shine.
• ANNUAL BANQUET for Rev. John and Louise Powell, pastor and wife of Jones Grove at Annie’s Restaurant, 7 p.m. The public is invited. A donation will be taken at the door.
• SINGING New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, will have a gospel singing Sat, July 8, 7 p.m. Featured group will be the Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to join them. Fellowship supper after singing.
• MEETING Red Banks Cemetery Association quarterly meeting, July 8, 9 a.m.
• SINGING Emmanuel Baptist Church, Red Banks Rd., will host a gospel singing, featuring the Freedom Trio. Fellowship supper, 5 p.m., singing at 6, on July 8.
• MEETING Holly Springs High School Class of 1997 Class Reunion meeting, July 8, 12 noon, Pizza Hut in Holly Springs. All class members are encouraged to attend.
• ANNIVERSARY Pleasant Hill CME Church in Mt. Pleasant will celebrate its 132 year anniversary at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Jeffery Bledsoe of Simon Chapel MB Church. Pastor is Rev. Willie Hoey.
• VBS, Barton Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Rd., Byhalia, 662-895-2306. July 10-14, Mon.-Fri., 5:30-8:30 p.m. for ages 4 through adult. Supper will be served each night. A great time of Bible study, music, missions, crafts and food. Everyone is welcome.
• PUBLIC MEETING Parents of children with disabilities are invited to a meeting on applications for IDEIA Part-B and preschool funds, on July 10, 2:30 p.m. at the Holly Springs School District Superintendent’s office, 840 Hwy 178 E. Parents are welcome to review the applications during the day from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., prior to the meeting.
• HARAMBEE SUMMER CAMP 2006 will be held at Asbury, July 10-14, 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. “God Knows Your Name: Think Before You Act” is the theme for this week-long camp. Children ages 6-14 are invited to attend.
• VBS Clear Creek Baptist Church hosts Vacation Bible School, July 10-14, 6:00-9:00 p.m. for ages kindergarten through youth. The theme will be “Artic Edge - where adventure meets courage.”
• COOKING FOR CROWDS will be offered on July 13 from 6 - 8:30 p.m. at the Marshall Co. Extension Service, 810 Hwy 178 E, Holly Springs. The workshop is appropriate for non-profit food providers such as churches, fire companies, schools and civic groups. Cost of the workshop is $5 per person. Register before July 10. For more information call the Marshall Co. Extension Service at 662-252-3541.
• REGULAR MEETING The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H will meet at the Marshall County Library at 6 p.m.
• GOSPEL EXPLOSION New Dimension Salt and Light Ministry will sponsor a gospel explosion July 15, 7 p.m. at the church, located at 187 McAlexander Rd. Special guest, David Jackson, third round semi-finalist of American Idol, out of Atlanta. Gospel Soldiers, House of Prayer, Praise Team of Somerville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor Actavatis Allen.
• CHILDREN’S CHURCH Kimbrough Chapel Church, July 15, 10 a.m., The public is invited. Pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• PICNIC Community Temple Holiness Church will have a Sunday School and community picnic, Sat., July 15, 10 a.m. until. Plenty of food, fun, games and etc. Everyone is welcome. Host pastor, Frank Moore, 851-3388 or 851-7348.
• SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church will have their Saturday night singing with “The Fishers of Men” as guests. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Bro. Jack Chapman invites all.
• FAMILY REUNION for descendants of John N. Shaw/Fredonia Nicholson Shaw/Ida Bailey Shaw of Laws Hill, at Wall Doxey State Park Lodge, Hwy. 7 S, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Bring favorite dish for potluck lunch at noon. For more info call 252-3842 or 252-6405.
• REVIVAL Slayden Baptist Church will have summer revivial services July 16-19 at 6:30 p.m. nightly. Everyone is invited to worship with us. Guest preacher will be Dr. Randy Bostick from Oakland Baptist Church, Corinth. The guest worship leaders will be Rick and Dena Pike from The Orchard, Tupelo. Wednesday night will be youth night. Free pizza for all youth who attend. Nursery and van ministry provided. For more information contact the church office at (662) 252-4559.
• PASTOR-WIFE APPRECIATION DAY Community Temple hosts Pastor-Wife Appreciation Day, 2:30 p.m. Host pastor, Frank Moore, invites everyone. For more information call 662-851-7348.
• ANNUAL FAMILY/FRIENDS DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having annual family and friends day at 3:00 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Dudley Lewellen and The Greater Evangelist Faith COGIC of Memphis. Pastor Elder Curtis Pritchard invites all to come for worship and fellowship meal.
• VBS Friendship Assembly of God will have Vacation Bible School starting Monday, July 17 continuing through Friday, July 21 from 6-8 p.m. nightly. For more information contact Children’s Ministry directors Scotty and Lacie Cothern at 662-838-4000.
• MARVELOUS MONDAYS “Cross Country” will be in concert, 7 p.m. for the first Marvelous Monday at First Baptist Church, Holly Springs.
• REGISTRATION will be July 19-31, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. for children attending HS Primary School. Parents of previously enrolled students need to bring two proofs of residency. All new students must bring certified birth certificate, up-dated shot record, Social Security card, and two proofs of parents’ residence to register.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Demarcus Vaughn, student at Holly Springs High School, who was in a car accident. Sat., July 22, 6 p.m. at Mt. Comfort CME Church. All choirs, male choruses, groups and solo singers are asked to come. Thank you for your support.
• RICH MAN/POOR MAN program at Disciples of Christ Church in Victoria, 3 p.m. Pastor Marvin Brooks of Mt. Gilliam and Willie Winters of True Holiness will be the guest speakers. Host pastor is Bruce Williams.
• MARVELOUS MONDAY at First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, will be featuring Dr. P.J. Scott, retired pastor of FBC, Olive Branch, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• MEETING The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library at 6 p.m.
• NATIONAL NIGHT OUT KICK-OFF will be held 6-9 p.m. at the Spring Hollow Walking Trail located behind the Multi-Purpose Building. There will be fun, food, games, prizes and entertainment. Bring your lawnchairs. Sponsored by the Holly Springs Police Department.
• CHOIR DAY Kimbrough Chapel Church, July 30, 6 p.m. The public is invited. Pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• MARVELOUS MONDAY will feature Rev. Mickey Dalrymple, pastor of Fairview Baptist Church, Columbus at First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, 7 p.m.
• REUNION The Newsom family will have a reunion at the Newsom estate, Ashley Drive, Byhalia, Sept. 1-3. Please contact Linda Echols Duncan at 662-838-6517 or Curly Newsom, 662-838-6019.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 252-2114 or 252-7570 for van transportation. We have lots of activities every Wed. night with game time, in the new family life center.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
(662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
managed and maintained by