Thursday, June 29, 2006
Calendar of Events
• Registration will be held for the Holly Springs Cowboys and Cheerleaders, Thursday, June 29, at Northcentral Power Association in Byhalia, 6-8 p.m. All parents are encouraged to attend.
• FAMILY REUNION The first family reunion of the descendants of Sallie and Jordan Fulce will be held June 30 - July 2, in Memphis, Tenn. The reunion will include the descendants of Nina (Sam) Rogers, Beulah (Frank) Wilkins, Clara (Robert Wesley) Scott, and Ivory (Martha Jane) Crumb. Please contact Georgia Benford Nicholas at (901) 619-9024 or Margie Garrison Green at 662-252-4949 for more information.
• SECOND TIME AROUND The Marshall County Humane Society’s thrift store, Second Time Around, 126 W. Van Dorn, located next to Bailey Printing in Holly Springs, will be open Fri. from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Call 662-564-2900 for pick-up information on your donation.
• HORSE SHOW Laws Hill Saddle Club Association Horse Show, 7 p.m. Western pleasure class, saddle horse class, English class, halter class, racking class, amateur classes, speed events and much more. Take Hwy. 4 to Laws Hill Road and follow signs. For more info call 662-252-6603 or 252-7520.
• FISH FRY New Dimension Salt and Light Ministry will sponsor a fish fry, Fri., June 30, next to Piggly Wiggly. Please come and support this event. Sponsored by building fund captain Sis. Norma Pegues. Pastor Actavatis Allen.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT TIME Kimbrough Chapel Church, June 30, 7 p.m. Rev. Bobby Walker and Mt. Level Church from Como. Sponsor Minister Nathaniel Johnson Jr. The public is invited. Pastor J.W. Smith Jr.
• FISH FRY Holly Springs Heroines of Jericho Court 14, June 30, at Asbury United Methodist Church, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• BENEFIT FISH FRY Loving Ministries, in front of Serenity Funeral Home, Memphis St., June 30, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Fish and spaghetti plates. We deliver, 662-422-2845.
• FAMILY REUNION For families and friends of the Alexander, Clayborn, Duke and Shaw families, July 1, at the home of Connell and Annette Jones, 570 MLK Dr., Holly Springs, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., fish and spaghetti; memorial service, 1-3; dinner served 3-7 p.m. Bring your favorite dish. For more info. call Annette Jones, 551-2090.
• SUPPORT GROUP Divorce Recovery Group meets at Byhalia United Methodist Church, 12 p.m. The church is located at 2511 Church Street. Call 662-838-3038. This group also offers support in the loss of loved ones.
• NOTICE There will be no July singing for Holly Hill Baptist Church due to the Fourth of July holiday.
• HOLY SCRIPTURE CAKE SERVICE will be held at Jones Grove, 7 p.m. Several speakers will be present.
• LOVE BANQUET Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., will have their Pastor and Wife’s annual Love Banquet Saturday evening, July 1, 6 p.m. in the fellowship hall. For ticket information call Pastor Hubie Nelson II, 901-299-0121or 901-299-9072.
• REUNION The Craine family will hold their annual family reunion, July 1, 2:30 p.m. until, at the Watson Community Center, 309 S., Byhalia. All family and friends are invited.
• REUNION The Mitchell-Falkner family reunion will be held Sat., July 1-Sun., July 2 with games, good food, good conversation, music, prize giveaways, dancing and much more. No charge. Call Lula, 551-1009.
• HOMECOMING Grays Chapel CME Church Family will celebrate their Homecoming at 2 p.m. All family and friends are invited. Rod Lester is pastor.
• HOMECOMING Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, July 2, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Earnest Jordan and Jordan Temple of Deliverance will be special guests. Food will be served. Everyone is invited.
• WORSHIP SERVICE GUESTS July 2, Sunday night worship service guests at Kimbrough Chapel Church will be Rev. Melvin Partee and Hunter Ave. Baptist Church from Memphis, Tenn. Sponsor, Rev. Ben Norman. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• MEETING Anyone concerned about animal control in Marshall County is invited to a community meeting at the Victoria Community Center (behind the fire dept.) Mon., July 3, 7 p.m. For directions call 252-7903.
4th of July
• CARNIVAL at the Northwest Side Civic Club, Hwy 310, Harmontown area, July 4. Fireworks and flea market, beginning at 4 p.m.
• BIBLE STUDY Barton Baptist Church will have supper and Bible study, each Wed. night for the month of July, 6 p.m. Supper at 6 p.m. and classes for different age groups at 7 p.m. 523 Quinn Rd., Byhalia. 662-895-2306.
• DEDICATION A dedication memorial service in honor of the late board member David A. Houck will be held at New Hope Village, Thurs., July 6, 6 p.m. The Re-Sale Shop will be dedicated in his memory. The public is invited. Refreshments will be served.
• ANNUAL BANQUET for Rev. John and Louise Powell, pastor and wife of Jones Grove at Annie’s Restaurant, 7 p.m. The public is invited. A donation will be taken at the door.
• SINGING New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, will have a gospel singing Sat, July 8, 7 p.m. Featured group will be the Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to join them. Fellowship supper after singing.
• MEETING Red Banks Cemetery Association quarterly meeting, July 8, 9 a.m.
• SINGING Emmanuel Baptist Church, Red Banks Rd., will host a gospel singing, featuring the Freedom Trio. Fellowship supper, 5 p.m., singing at 6, on July 8.
• MEETING Holly Springs High School Class of 1997 Class Reunion meeting, July 8, 12 noon, Pizza Hut in Holly Springs. All class members are encouraged to attend.
• VBS, Barton Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Rd., Byhalia, 662-895-2306. July 10-14, Mon.-Fri., 5:30-8:30 p.m. for ages 4 through adult. Supper will be served each night. A great time of Bible study, music, missions, crafts and food. Everyone is welcome.
• PUBLIC MEETING Parents of children with disabilities are invited to a meeting on applications for IDEIA Part-B and preschool funds, on July 10, 2:30 p.m. at the Holly Springs School District Superintendent’s office, 840 Hwy 178 E. Parents are welcome to review the applications during the day from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., prior to the meeting.
• GOSPEL EXPLOSION New Dimension Salt and Light Ministry will sponsor a gospel explosion July 15, 7 p.m. at the church, located at 187 McAlexander Rd. Special guest, David Jackson, third round semi-finalist of American Idol, out of Atlanta. Gospel Soldiers, House of Prayer, Praise Team of Somerville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor Actavatis Allen.
• CHILDREN’S CHURCH Kimbrough Chapel Church, July 15, 10 a.m., The public is invited. Pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• PICNIC Community Temple Holiness Church will have a Sunday School and community picnic, Sat., July 15, 10 a.m. until. Plenty of food, fun, games and etc. Everyone is welcome. Host pastor, Frank Moore, 851-3388 or 851-7348
• VBS Friendship Assembly of God will have Vacation Bible School starting Monday, July 17 continuing through Friday, July 21 from 6-8 p.m. nightly. For more information contact Children’s Ministry directors Scotty and Lacie Cothern at 662-838-4000.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Demarcus Vaughn, student at Holly Springs High School, who was in a car accident. Sat., July 22, 6 p.m. at Mt. Comfort CME Church. All choirs, male choruses, groups and solo singers are asked to come. Thank you for your support.
• CHOIR DAY Kimbrough Chapel Church, July 30, 6 p.m. The public is invited. Pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• REUNION The Newsom family will have a reunion at the Newsom estate, Ashley Drive, Byhalia, Sept. 1-3. Please contact Linda Echols Duncan at 662-838-6517 or Curly Newsom, 662-838-6019.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 252-2114 or 252-7570 for van transportation. We have lots of activities every Wed. night with game time, in the new family life center.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
(662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
managed and maintained by