Thursday, June 1, 2006
Calendar of Events
• REPORT CARDS Parents of students at Holly Springs Primary School: if you have not picked up your child’s report card, pickup begins May 30 in the office.
• MEETING To all General Electric Memphis Lamp plant retirees: mid-summer meeting is scheduled for Fri., June 2, Barnhill’s Country Buffet, 6191 Stage Rd., Bartlett, Tenn. from 1-3 p.m. For more info. call Dot Bowers, 662-838-5231.
• CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION St. Mark MB Church, June 2-4. Fri. night, gospel explosion, 6:30 p.m. Sat., June 3, welcome homecoming picnic, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sun., June 4, morning worship, 10:30 a.m.; Centennial homecoming celebration, 3 p.m.
• RELAY FOR LIFE FISH FRY The Big Star Baggers Relay for Life team will sponsor a fish fry all day in Carlisle’s Big Star parking lot. Cooked by Sheriff Kenny Dickerson, plates will be $8 each. Taking orders, will deliver multiple plates.
• REUNION Annual Potts Camp School Reunion will be held Sat., June 3, in the school cafeteria starting at 10 a.m. To make reservations for the noon meal, contact Annie Ruth Stone at 662-333-6350 or e-mail Mary Minor at email@example.com. If anyone has old photos, memorabilia, etc., please bring for the display table.
• NO SINGING Holly Hills Baptist Church will not have their first Sat. night singing this month. Instead, revival will begin June 4-7 with Bro. Carroll Rhodes from south Georgia as guest speaker. Sun., 5:30 p.m., Mon.-Wed., 7 p.m.
• RUMMAGE SALE Members of Anderson Chapel CME Church will have a rummage sale, Sat., June 3. Clothing, household items and misc. Anderson Chapel CME Church parking lot.
• FISH FRY Friendship Assembly of God will have a fish fry, Sat., June 4, 2-4 p.m., to raise money for foreign missions. Church number, 838-4000 or 252-4370. No calls accepted after June 1.
• MEETING Recovery From Loss of Loved Ones in Death or Divorce meeting will be held at Byhalia United Methodist Church, 2511 Church Street, 12:00 p.m. For further info call 838-3038.
• WOMEN’S RETREAT Sat., June 3, The Heart to H.A.R.T. Ministries of Latter Rain Church will hold its annual women’s retreat at the Beckley Conference Center, 155 Rust Ave., Holly Springs. For more info. call the church at 252-6350. Elder Joseph Selman, pastor.
• CHURCH ANNIVERSARY True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., will celebrate their sixth anniversary, Sun., June 4 with Pastor Dennis Hale of The Word of Christ Nondenominational Church, Olive Branch, as the guest at the 11 a.m. service. Pastor John Harris of Old Nonconnah Baptist Church of Memphis will be the guest speaker for the 2:30 p.m. service. All are invited. Pastor Darrell E. Cunningham, host pastor.
• HOMECOMING Newell Chapel CME Church will celebrate homecoming, June 4, 11 a.m. with speaker Rev. Eddie Wilson, presiding elder of the Greenwood/Jackson District of MS South Region and pastor of St. Paul CME Church in Bentonia.
• HOMECOMING Temperance Hill Baptist Church, Old Hwy 78, Potts Camp. Sunday School, 10 a.m., preaching at 11 a.m. with Bro. Malcom Brock. Worship service will be followed by a meal and singing.
• VBS Barton United Methodist Church, 3229 Hwy 309 N., June 5-8, 9-11 a.m., ages K and up. Please register by calling Louise Yang, 895-2958.
• Summer Camp will be held June 5 through July 14 at All Children Can Learn Learning Center, 120 N. Randolph in Holly Springs, housed at Redeemed Fellowship Ministries. Space is limited. Call 662-252-4005 for more info.
• VBS Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Byhalia, June 5-9, 7 p.m. nightly. For a ride, call 662-895-5006 or 901-299-0121. Everyone is invited. Elder Hubie L. Nelson II, pastor. Refreshments will be served Fri. night. For info. call the above numbers or 901-299-9072.
• MEETING Holly Springs Band Booster Club election meeting, Tues., June 6, 5 p.m. in the band hall.
• REVIVAL Pastor T.L. Murden, pastor of True Love Full Gospel Church of Memphis, will be the speaker at True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., June 7-9, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Darrell Cunningham, host pastor. Everyone is invited to come and hear this dynamic speaker.
• SINGING The Thomas Family Singers will be at Bridgeway Baptist Church, 107 Taska Rd., Mt. Pleasant, Wed., June 7. Potluck, 6:30, singing at 7 p.m. Bro. Gary Adams, pastor.
• VBS Wilkins Chapel CME Church, June 7-9, 6-8 p.m. nightly. Pastor Michael James Sr.
• READING PROGRAM at the Northwest Side Civic Club, Hwy 310, Harmontown area, June 8, 4-6:30 p.m.
• MEETING The Lessye Davis 4-H Club will meet at 6 p.m. at the Marshall County Library.
• MEETING Marshall County Retired Education Personnel will meet Fri., June 9, 1 p.m. at the public library. Laverne Jones, president.
• SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT at the Northwest Side Civic Club, Hwy 310, Harmontown area, June 10, beginning at 7 a.m.
• 4-H CELEBRATION DAY Sponsored by the Lessye Lee Davis Club and the Eddie Lee Smith Club, along with Monroe Hill 4-H in Houston, booths will be set up on the M.I. campus at 7 a.m. with performances beginning at 9 a.m. A 4-H banquet will be held at 7 p.m. with Lemon Phelps, 4-H agent as speaker. For more info. call Mary Hicks, 252-5920.
• END OF SCHOOL BEACH FLING Sat., June 10, 4-9:30 p.m. Fun, food, fellowship, for students ages 12-18. Music by Saul 2 Paul. Sponsored by the student ministry of BridgeWay Baptist Church, 107 Taska Rd., Mt. Pleasant. 544-1145.
• COMMUNITY FAMILY DAY Cayce Vol. Fire Dept., 30 Lee Creek Rd., June 10, 1-6 p.m. Games, live music, food and events of interest to all age groups. Also hot air balloon rides! There are to be no children left at the Fire Dept. without a parent or guardian present!
• SINGING Emmanuel Baptist Church, Red Banks Rd., June 10, featuring Call To Worship from Memphis, Tenn. Fellowship, 5 p.m., singing at 6.
• PASTOR & WIFE LOVE DAY Sunday, June 11, 11 a.m. Hudsonville CME Church, Bobby Wilson, pastor. Special guests will be Rev. Charles Dooley and Hamilton Chapel CME Church of Waterford. Evening service, 2 p.m.
• YOUTH CHOIR CONCERT The 2006 MS Baptist All State Youth Choir and Orchestra will be at Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 Hwy 72, Lamar, on Sun., June 11, 6:30 p.m. Mark Mathis is minister of music. The choir is made up of 116 9th-12th grade students from churches across Mississippi and is directed by Dr. Jamie Meadors, director of the music department at Mississippi College in Clinton. The orchestra is directed by David Young. The public is invited.
• VBS First Southern Baptist Church in Victoria will be having VBS June 12-16, 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Ages 3-12 years old. All welcome. For more info call the church, 662-838-3621.
• VBS St. Matthews MB Church, Byhalia, under the leadership of Pastor Patrick Stewart. June 12-18, 6:30-8:30 p.m. nightly. Ages four and up.
• VBS Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, June 12-16, 9 a.m.-12 noon. Family night, Sun., June 18, 6 p.m. For 3-years-old through sixth grade. For more info. call 252-3685.
• BEGINNING SIGN LANGUAGE CLASS June 13, 20 and 27, Holly Springs Multi-Purpose Building, 160 S. Memphis St., 10 a.m.-12 noon. Instructor Deborah McIntosh. Call 662-236-2149 or 252-4807 for fees and more info.
• BYHALIA CLYDESALE CHRISTMAS The Christmas Store Festival will be June 21-24 with a carnival on all 4 days. Gospel music, Thursday night, with Bliss Friday night and Gabby Johnson band Sat. night. J Bar B Rodeo Fri. and Sat.
• YOUTH DAY Rising Star will have its annual youth and young adult day. 2519 Higdon Rd., pastor Robert McClain.
• FRIEND’S NIGHT at Rising Star Church with the Dynamic Angels. Pastor Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd.
• FAMILY REUNION The first family reunion of the descendants of Sallie and Jordan Fulce will be held June 30 - July 2, in Memphis, Tenn. The reunion will include the descendants of Nina (Sam) Rogers, Beulah (Frank) Wilkins, Clara (Robert Wesley) Scott, and Ivory (Martha Jane) Crumb. Please contact Georgia Benford Nicholas at (901) 619-9024 or Margie Garrison Green at 662-252-4949 for more info.
(662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
managed and maintained by