Thursday, May 25, 2006
Calendar of Events
• MEETING Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m.
• DEDICATION CEREMONY New Hope Village will celebrate the completion of the final two newly renovated units with a dedication and blessing ceremony Thurs., May 25, 5:30 p.m. The public is invited.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church, Fri., May 26, 7 p.m. Sponsored by Minister Nathaniel Johnson Jr.
• SECOND TIME AROUND The Marshall County Humane Society’s thrift store, Second Time Around, 126 W. Van Dorn, located next to Bailey Printing in Holly Springs, will be open Fri. from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sat., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Call 662-564-2900 for pick-up information on your donation.
• BLOOD DRIVE United Blood Services Bloodmobile will be at Wal-Mart in Holly Springs on Fri., May 26, 12 noon to 5 p.m.
• PASTOR APPRECIATION Adolphus CME Church will have Pastor Billy Williams and wife’s appreciation and banquet, May 27, at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Sun., May 28, 2 p.m. at Adolphus CME Church. Pastor Earnest Jordan and church family will be guests. Info., 662-551-1069. Pastor Billy Williams, sponsor Edna Boyd.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Dorothy McGowan, Sat., May 27, 6:30 p.m., at Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church. Pastor, Claudell Miller, sponsors Catherine Jefferson and choir.
• RUMMAGE SALE Members of Anderson Chapel CME Church will have a rummage sale, Sat., May 27 and Sat., June 3. Clothing, household items and misc. Anderson Chapel CME Church parking lot.
• PRAYER SERVICE Disciples of Christ Outreach Ministries, with Rev. A.V. Warren Jr. Pastor Rev. Bruce Lee Williams, 192 Friendship Rd., Victoria.
• MEETING The monthly meeting of the Marshall County NAACP will be held at 9 a.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, instead of the regular time of 10 a.m.
• RELAY FOR LIFE FISH FRY Hopewell No. 1 Church, 365 Bonner St., will sponsor a fish fry on Sat., May 27, beginning at 11 a.m. Plates will be $6 each. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy a delicious fish dinner to benefit the Relay For Life.
• SHERIFF BELL COMMEMORATION There will be a special commemoration for the late Sheriff Osborne Bell, Sat., May 27 on the courthouse lawn, followed by a motorcade to the Memorial Site on Hwy 309, near the intersection of Hwy 4 West. Everyone is invited to participate.
• WOMEN’S DAY Rising Star Church will host their annual Women’s Day, sponsored by the Women’s Ministry, 3 p.m.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM The Twilight Singers will have a musical program, Sun., May 28, 7 p.m. at Jones Grove MB Church. There are many groups on the program.
• HOMECOMING Kimbrough Chapel, May 28, 11 a.m. with guest speaker Rev. Etoy Bogard, New Faith Church and Sand Hill Church.
• MEN & WOMEN’S DAY Shady Grove CME Church, Hwy 309 S., Sun., May 28, 2 p.m. with guest speaker Minister Tony Taylor. Everyone is invited. Cornelia Booker, pastor.
• HOMECOMING Mt. Zion Taska Church, Mt. Zion Rd. off Cayce Rd. in Byhalia. Keith Pendilton is host pastor. Sun., May 28, 3 p.m. Rev. Etoy Bogard and Sand Hill MB Church of Lamar will be special guests. All are invited.
• 100 MEN IN BLACK Yarbrough Chapel CME Church will have a 100 Christian Men In Black program, honoring the Ten Commandments, May 28, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Minister Anthony Rodgers, New Independence Methodist Church in Coldwater. Pastor, Isaac DeBerry, sponsors Bro. Robert Pool Sr. and Bro. David Crawford.
• CHURCH ANNIVERSARY Sun., May 28, 3 p.m. at Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant. Special guests will be Apostle Granville Scruggs and Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard. All are invited.
• STEWARDESS DAY Hudsonville CME Church, Bobby Wilson, pastor. Sun., May 28, 11 a.m. Rev. V. Easter will be guest speaker.
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open at 646 Old Hwy 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• MEETING To all General Electric Memphis Lamp plant retirees: mid-summer meeting is scheduled for Fri., June 2, Barnhill’s Country Buffet, 6191 Stage Rd., Bartlett, Tenn. from 1-3 p.m. For more info. call Dot Bowers, 662-838-5231.
• CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION St. Mark MB Church, June 2-4. Fri. night, gospel explosion, 6:30 p.m. Sat., June 3, welcome homecoming picnic, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sun., June 4, morning worship, 10:30 a.m.; Centennial homecoming celebration, 3 p.m.
• RELAY FOR LIFE FISH FRY The Big Star Baggers Relay for Life team will sponsor a fish fry all day in Carlisle’s Big Star parking lot. Cooked by Sheriff Kenny Dickerson, plates will be $8 each. Taking orders, will deliver multiple plates.
• REUNION Annual Potts Camp School Reunion will be held Sat., June 3, in the school cafeteria starting at 10 a.m. To make reservations for the noon meal, contact Annie Ruth Stone at 662-333-6350 or e-mail Mary Minor at firstname.lastname@example.org. If anyone has old photos, memorabilia, etc., please bring for the display table.
• NO SINGING Holly Hills Baptist Church will not have their first Sat. night singing this month. Instead, revival will begin June 4-7 with Bro. Carroll Rhodes from south Georgia as guest speaker. Sun., 5:30 p.m., Mon.-Wed., 7 p.m.
• RUMMAGE SALE Members of Anderson Chapel CME Church will have a rummage sale, Sat., June 3. Clothing, household items and misc. Anderson Chapel CME Church parking lot.
• FISH FRY Friendship Assembly of God will have a fish fry, Sat., June 4, 2-4 p.m., to raise money for foreign missions. Church number, 838-4000 or 252-4370. No calls accepted after June 1.
• MEETING Recovery From Loss of Loved Ones in Death or Divorce meeting will be held at Byhalia United Methodist Church, 2511 Church Street, 12:00 p.m. For further info call 838-3038.
• WOMEN’S RETREAT Sat., June 3, The Heart to H.A.R.T. Ministries of Latter Rain Church will hold its annual women’s retreat at the Beckley Conference Center, 155 Rust Ave., Holly Springs. For more info. call the church at 252-6350. Elder Joseph Selman, pastor.
• CHURCH ANNIVERSARY True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., will celebrate their sixth anniversary, Sun., June 4 with Pastor Dennis Hale of The Word of Christ Nondenominational Church, Olive Branch, as the guest at the 11 a.m. service. Pastor John Harris of Old Nonconnah Baptist Church of Memphis will be the guest speaker for the 2:30 p.m. service. All are invited. Pastor Darrell E. Cunningham, host pastor.
• HOMECOMING Newell Chapel CME Church will celebrate homecoming, June 4, 11 a.m. with speaker Rev. Eddie Wilson, presiding Elder of the Greenwood/Jackson District of MS South Region and pastor of St. Paul CME Church in Bentonia.
• VBS Barton United Methodist Church, 3229 Hwy 309 N., June 5-8, 9-11 a.m., ages K and up. Please register by calling Louise Yang, 895-2958.
• Summer Camp will be held June 5 through July 14 at All Children Can Learn Learning Center, 120 N. Randolph in Holly Springs, housed at Redeemed Fellowship Ministries. Space is limited. Call 662-252-4005 for more info.
• VBS Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Byhalia, June 5-9, 7 p.m. nightly. For a ride, call 662-895-5006 or 901-299-0121. Everyone is invited. Elder Hubie L. Nelson II, pastor. Refreshments will be served Fri. night. For info. call the above numbers or 901-299-9072.
• REVIVAL Pastor T.L. Murden, pastor of True Love Full Gospel Church of Memphis, will be the speaker at True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., June 7-9, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Darrell Cunningham, host pastor. Everyone is invited to come and hear this dynamic speaker.
• READING PROGRAM at the Northwest Side Civic Club, Hwy 310, Harmontown area, June 8, 4-6:30 p.m.
• MEETING Marshall County Retired Education Personnel will meet Fri., June 9, 1 p.m. at the public library. Laverne Jones, president.
• SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT at the Northwest Side Civic Club, Hwy 310, Harmontown area, June 10, beginning at 7 a.m.
• PASTOR & WIFE LOVE DAY Sunday, June 11, 11 a.m. Hudsonville CME Church, Bobby Wilson, pastor. Special guests will be Rev. Charles Dooley and Hamilton Chapel CME Church of Waterford. Evening service, 2 p.m.
• YOUTH CHOIR CONCERT The 2006 MS Baptist All State Youth Choir and Orchestra will be at Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 Hwy 72, Lamar, on Sun., June 11, 6:30 p.m. Mark Mathis is minister of music. The choir is made up of 116 9th-12th grade students from churches across Mississippi and is directed by Dr. Jamie Meadors, director of the music department at Mississippi College in Clinton. The orchestra is directed by David Young. The public is invited.
• VBS First Southern Baptist Church in Victoria will be having VBS June 12-16, 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Ages 3-12 years old. All welcome. For more info call the church, 662-838-3621.
• VBS St. Matthews MB Church, Byhalia, under the leadership of Pastor Patrick Stewart. June 12-18, 6:30-8:30 p.m. nightly. Ages four and up.
• BEGINNING SIGN LANGUAGE CLASS June 13, 20 and 27, Holly Springs Multi-Purpose Building, 160 S. Memphis St., 10 a.m.-12 noon. Instructor Deborah McIntosh. Call 662-236-2149 or 252-4807 for fees and more info.
• FAMILY REUNION The first family reunion of the descendants of Sallie and Jordan Fulce be held June 30 - July 2, in Memphis, Tenn. The reunion will include the descendants of Nina (Sam) Rogers, Beulah (Frank) Wilkins, Clara (Robert Wesley) Scott, and Ivory (Martha Jane) Crumb. Please contact Georgia Benford Nicholas at (901) 619-9024 or Margie Garrison Green at 662-252-4949 for more information.
• CARNIVAL at the Northwest Side Civic Club, Hwy 310, Harmontown area, July 4. Fireworks and flea market, beginning at 12 noon.
(662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
managed and maintained by