win first in division
By BARRY BURLESON
The Holly Springs High School Hawks
are reaping honors in track and field events this spring.
The Holly High boys took first place in
the recent Division 3-3A Meet at Charleston, and 20 Hawks qualified for
In team scores, Holly Springs bettered
second-place Water Valley 188 to 90.
Qualifiers include Pierre Thomas, Marcus
Isom, Loren Coleman, Antonio Isom, Jamorris Wilks, Jamar Walton, Corey
Neely, James Johnson, Justin Crumb, Jamal Porter, Darian Jones, Elijah
Thigpen, Trayven Howell, Kendrick Duncan, Cordell Stephens, Desley Brown,
Clifford Brown, Courtney Bowen, Jonathan Jones and LeCorey Jones.
Results from the division meet (with the
top four qualifying for Regionals) include:
- 100 Meter Dash (preliminaries) - first, Pierre Thomas, 11.22; second,
James Johnson, 11.50.
- 100 Meter Dash (finals) - first, Pierre Thomas, 11.36; fourth, James
- 200 Meter Dash (preliminaries) - second, Pierre Thomas, 23.71; third,
James Johnson, 23.81.
- 200 Meter Dash (finals) - second, Pierre Thomas, 23.40; third, James
- 400 Meter Dash (preliminaries) - first, Antonio Isom, 52.99; third,
Justin Crumb, 55.36.
- 400 Meter Dash (finals) - first, Antonio Isom, 51.56; third, Justin
- 800 Meter Run - second, Desley Brown, 2:05.81; third, Jamal Porter,
- 3200 Meter Run - third, Trayvan Howell, 12:26.
- 110 Meter Hurdles - first, Marcus Isom, 16.81; second, Loren Coleman,
- 300 Meter Hurdles - second, Darian Jones, 43.90.
- 4x100 Meter Relay - third, Holly Springs, 45.67.
- 4x400 Meter Relay - first, Holly Springs, 3:36.
- High Jump - second, Jamorris Wilks, 5-09.
- Pole Vault - first, Desley Brown, 9-00.
- Long Jump - first, Pierre Thomas, 21-00.50.
- Triple Jump - first, Pierre Thomas, 42-05.
- Shot Put - first, James Johnson, 47-09; second, Cordell Stephens,
- Discus Throw - first, Kendrick Duncan, 120-03; third, Cordell Stephens,
Regional competition was held Friday at
Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, and Holly High finished
North Half is August 29 in Oxford and the
State Finals May 5 in Pearl.
Report News: (662) 252-4261
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter,
All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Web Site managed and maintained
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page