Thursday, November 24, 2005
Calendar of Events
• THANKSGIVING PROGRAM Smith Grove MB Church, Thanksgiving morning, Nov. 24, 9 a.m. Guest minister will be Minister Mario Finley of Yarbrough Chapel Church. Sponsored by the Men’s dept. W.C. Conner, pastor. The public is invited.
• THANKSGIVING DINNER Community Temple Holiness Church, 1331 Mt. Zion Rd. All senior citizens and the community are invited. For more info. call 851-7468 or 851-3388.
• THANKSGIVING SERVICE Rising Star Church, Nov. 24, 8:30 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• HARVEST DAY SERVICE Jones Grove will have their Harvest Day service, Thanksgiving morning, 9 a.m. Rev. Cunningham and True Vine MB Church will be guests. Everyone is invited.
• SECOND TIME AROUND The Marshall County Humane Society’s thrift store, Second Time Around, 126 W. Van Dorn, located next to Bailey Printing in Holly Springs, will be open Fri. from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sat., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Call 662-564-2900 for pick-up information on your donation.
• RIBBON CUTTING Pastor Andrew Cheairs and St. Paul MB Church families invite everyone to the ribbon cutting and dedication program at the new Outreach Life Center, Sat., Nov. 26, 12 noon.
• APPRECIATION PROGRAM Sun., Nov. 27, Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, for assistant pastor and Sunday School superintendent and his lovely wife, Minister Raymond and JoRina Pritchard. Special guests will be Elder Supvan Pritchard and Garden of Grace COGIC of Memphis. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• REVIVAL Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Rd., Byhalia, beginning Sun., Nov. 27, 10:45 a.m. Nightly services at 7 p.m. until Wed., Nov. 30. Guest speaker will be Dr. P.J. Scott, former pastor of First Baptist Church in Olive Branch. Pastor Oscar Geeslin welcomes all.
• HARVEST DAY Free Branch MB Church, Pastor A.V. Warren Jr. Nov. 20, 11 a.m. Everyone is invited. Guests will be Pastor Alonzo Johnson and the Providence Church family.
• Christmas in Como Celebration, an outdoor ceremony at 7 p.m. around the big, live Christmas tree on Como’s Main Street. This evening includes caroling by many local church choirs, bagpiping, the official lighting of both the tree as well as the Christmas lights on all of Main Street’s buildings. The evening ends with a reception at Hope & Art Gallery, 215 Main Street. There is no admission charge. Call (662) 526-5211 for more info.
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open at 646 Old Hwy 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• GOAT SEMINAR Marshall County Fairgrounds presents Caprine (goat) Collection and AI Clinic, 8 a.m. until. Seminar and collection performed by Geoff and Nancy Masterman of “Superior Semen Works” from Bucyrus, Ohio. Cost is $40 per person, $70 for two from the same farm. For info call 662-252-6147 (h), 662-216-6123 (cell) and 662-216-0141 (cell). firstname.lastname@example.org or go to their website at: www.superiorsemenworks.com
• ATTENTION POTTS CAMP HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1996 There will be a class reunion meeting Fri., Dec. 2 at Victor’s in Holly Springs. We are asking all members to attend. If you’re unable to come, please call or email with your mailing address. Please contact Tatorie (Marion) Howell at 662-801-6167 or email@example.com.
• RETIREES MEETING To all General Electric Company-Memphis Lamp Plant retirees--our December meeting will be held at Barnhill’s Country Buffet, 6101 Stage Road, Memphis, 12-3 p.m. For further information call Dot Bowers, 662-838-5231.
• AMATEUR APOLLO EVENING Sponsored by the Eddie Lee Smith 4-H Club, Dec. 3, Multi-Purpose building, 2 p.m. For ages 6-18 years. For more info. call Autriniece Folsom, 551-2066 or Bonnie Nunnally, 551-2070. Free admission.
• ANNIVERSARY BANQUET Sat., Dec. 3, 6 p.m. at Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, for Pastor Curtis and Richenda Pritchard, at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce Rd. Guest speaker will be Elder Dudley Lewellen of Greater Evangelist Faith COGIC of Memphis, Tenn.
• ANNIVERSARY Dec. 3 at Jones Grove MB Church, 7 p.m. the Dynamic Angels will begin their anniversary celebration. The event will conclude at Dec. 4 at Rising Star MB Church, 6 p.m. Special guests will be the Kizer Singers from Yazoo City.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Elnoid Parker, Sat., Dec. 3, 5 p.m. at Newell Chapel CME Church. Groups and choirs are welcome.
• CLASS REUNION Byhalia class of 1995 will have their class reunion on the Memphis Riverboat Queen, Dec. 3, 6:30 p.m. For more info. call Michelle Newsom, 838-3920.
• ANNIVERSARY Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., will celebrate their pastor and wife’s anniversary, Sun., Dec. 4, 2:30 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. Gary Davis of Shiloh MB Church, Byhalia.
• CHRISTMAS STAR The Music Makers and Young Musicians Choir of Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 Hwy 72, Lamar, presents Christmas Starr!, Sun., Dec. 4, 6:30 p.m.
• MUSICIANS APPRECIATION Greenfield Presbyterian Church, Sun., Dec. 4, 3 p.m. All are invited. The church is located at 5024 Old Hwy 7, three miles south of Waterford.
• IMPORTANT MEETING The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge #35 will meet Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge, 955 E. Salem. First meeting, all members please attend.
• BROWN BAG LUNCH Friends of the Library, Brown Bag lunch, will meet at 11:30 a.m. in the Marshall County Library with a speaker at 12 noon. Bring a sandwich; drinks and dessert provided.
• FORESTRY SERVICE PLANNING MEETING USDA Forest Service planning meeting. The Forest Service is revising its plan for managing the national forests in Mississippi. Come tell us what’s important to you and learn about the new revision plans. Oxford Conference Center, Dec. 8, 6-8 p.m., 102 Ed Perry Blvd., 662-236-6550.
• ANNUAL MEETING The Marshall County Forestry Assoc. meeting will be held at Wall Doxey State Park, Dec. 8, registration at 6 p.m. Update of “Catch-A-Dream” program. Call 252=3541 for reservations.
• NIGHT OF ALLELUIAS The Sanctuary Choir of Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 Hwy 72, Lamar, presents Night of Alleluias!, Sat., Dec. 10, and Sun., Dec. 11, 6:30 p.m.
• SINGING Emmanuel Baptist Church, Red Banks Rd., featuring Passing Thru. Fellowship supper at 5 p.m., singing follows at 6 p.m.
• CHRISTMAS TEA Afternoon Christmas tea and handwork treasures exhibit, Dec. 10, 1-3 p.m. at Maples Memorial Methodist Church, 8745 Goodman Rd., 662-895-2279. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Proceeds will benefit the conference apportionments.
• REUNION The reunion committee for the Potts Camp High School class of 1996 is looking for members of the class to plan a meeting around the middle of October for the reunion to be held next summer. Please contact Tatoria Marion Howell at 662-801-6167 and leave your name and contact information. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 252-2114 or 252-7570 for van transportation. We have lots of activities every Wed. night with game time, in the new family life center.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptureal recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public AA meeting, every Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• NA & AA MEETING - If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. New, open to public NA & AA meeting, every Mon. night, 7:30 p.m., Utley building, 105 Van Dorn, Ave., on the Holly Springs Square. For more info. call 901-461-7753 or 662-544-1839.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
• WORSHIP SERVICE Services are held at the old Mt. Gilliam Church on County Line Rd. every Sunday as follows: Sunday School, 1 p.m., worship service, 2 p.m.
• BIG BOOK STUDY Alcoholics Anonymous is conducting a Big Book Study every Thurs. at 6 p.m. at the Church of Christ located at Sandridge Rd. and Hwy 305. For more info. call 564-2150, ask for Howard or Gretchen.
(662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
managed and maintained by