Thursday, October 27, 2005
Calendar of Events
• COMMUNITY SERVICE True Vine MB Church, Wed., Oct. 26, 7 p.m. Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson and Mt. Moriah MB Church will be guests. All are invited. Pastor Darrell E. Cunningham, host pastor. Church is located at 525 West St.
• PTA MEETING Holly Springs Primary School, PTA meeting, Oct. 27, 5:30 p.m. in the activity building.
• CATTLEMAN’S QUARTERLY MEETING. Beef cattle producers are invited to attend a meeting on Thursday, Oct. 27 at the Marshall Co. Fairgrounds, 1569 Hwy 7 N, Holly Springs. Topic: Forage & Grazing presented by Dr. Richard Watson, MSU Professor. Registration starts at 6 p.m. Please call in reservations by Monday, Oct. 24. Call the Marshall Co. Extension Office at 662-252-3541 to register or for more info.
• FUNDRAISER Friends of the Library will have their once a year fundraiser, a barbecue plate by “JBs”, Oct. 28, 5-7 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church. Tickets, $10. Walk-ins welcome.
• SECOND TIME AROUND The Marshall County Humane Society’s thrift store, Second Time Around, 126 W. Van Dorn, located next to Bailey Printing in Holly Springs, will be open Fri. from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sat., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Call 662-564-2900 for pick-up information on your donation.
• HAUNTED FOREST Chilly Bottom Haunted Forest, Fri., Oct. 28 and Sat., Oct. 29, Hwy 5, about four miles north of Hickory Flat. Proceeds go to Pine Grove Baptist Church youth and children’s ministries. For more info. call Robert Childers, 333-6666.
• 2005 HARVEST FEST sponsored by the Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce will be held on the historic downtown square, 10 a.m. until. Arts and crafts, food vendors, singing, merchants’ open houses, door prizes. Join the fun. If you or your organization would like to participate, call the Chamber at 252-2943.
• CHOIRS IN CONCERT Rising Star MB Church, Oct. 29, 6 p.m. Rising Star Youth Choir, Kimbrough Chapel Youth Choir and Asbury Youth Choir.
• FALL CARNIVAL H.W. Byers PTA hosts a fall carnival, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on the school campus. There will be fun, food, games and much more. For more info. call Tonya Gulledge 252-5017, PTA president.
• BOOTH The Marshall County Humane Society will have a booth on the square in Holly Springs for the Harvest Fest. Lots of good info. and goodies to sell.
• Fall Festival, First Baptist Church of Byhalia invites everyone to their fall festival, Sat., Oct. 29, 3-5 p.m. Games, crafts, moon bounce, obstacle bounce and lots of candy. Costume contest (no scary costumes, please) and fun for all. For more info. call 838-2250.
• FALL CARNIVAL Asbury United Methodist Church, Sat., Oct. 29, 1-6 p.m. at the church. Games, prizes, food, costume contest, moon bounce and slide. Fun for all ages. For more info. call Vikki Marlon at 252-1766.
• HARVEST FESTIVAL Watson Community Church. Games, candy, prizes, fun for everyone. Call 838-8189 for more info.
• HARVEST FESTIVAL Sponsored by the Hickory Flat PTO, Oct. 29, 12-2 in the old gym. Fun and games with a dunking book, jail, face painting, horse and wagon rides, costume contest and karaoke contest. Proceeds will go toward school improvements.
• SINGING Jones Grove Church, Sat., Oct. 29, with many guest groups.
• Annual youth day, Community Temple Holiness, Oct. 30. Guest speaker invited. Youth in Action. Dinner served. Host pastor, Elder Frank Moore.
• Family Fall Festival at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, on the church lawn, 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch. Free, for the whole family, Sun., Oct. 30, 4-7 p.m. Games, food, fun. Pastor, Doug Bell.
• HOMECOMING Cornersville United Methodist Church, Oct. 30, 10:30 a.m. Special music, dedication service and fellowship meal following service.
• WORSHIP SERVICE Sun., Oct. 30, Jones Grove Church will hold worship service at 8 a.m. At 11 a.m., Jones Grove pastor and congregation will be guests of Rev. Marvin Brooks and Mt. Gilliam Ministries.
• REUNION OF REUNIONS The Marshall County Singing Union will have their reunion anniversary on Sun., Oct. 30, 6 p.m. at Dreamland. Free admission. All former Marshall County Union choirs are invited.
• FALL FESTIVAL Slayden Baptist Church invites all K-6th graders to their fall festival with crafts, games, prizes and more, Mon., Oct. 31, 5:30-8:30 p.m. For more info. call the church at 252-4559.
• FALL FESTIVAL First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, 5:30-7:30, in the Christian Activity Center. Lots of fun activities and candy for children. All free. Hotdogs and chili, cotton candy, popcorn and cake walk. Fun, food and fellowship for the entire family. No scary or satanic costumes please. For more info. call 252-2627.
• BROWN BAG LUNCH Friends of the Library, Brown Bag lunch, will meet at 11:30 a.m. in the Marshall County Library with a speaker at 12 noon. Bring a sandwich; drinks and dessert provided.
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open at 646 Old Hwy 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• IMPORTANT MEETING The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge #35 will meet Nov. 1 and Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge, 955 E. Salem. First meeting, all members please attend.
• SENIOR CITIZENS DAY Emory Independent Methodist Church, 872 Watson Rd., Byhalia, will have its annual Senior Citizens’ Day, Nov. 2, 12 noon. Program by the Almost Famous Crains from Olive Branch. Come join in for food, fun and fellowship. For more info. call 838-2053, 838-2367 or 838-6750.
• FISH FRY The Pilot Club of Holly Springs will host a fundraiser for community projects at Christ Episcopal Church, Nov. 3, 5-7 p.m. Eat-in or take-out. Kenny Dickerson cooking! Tickets from any members or call Veda Cook, 252-6010.
• Fish fry, St. Mark MB Church, Hwy 178, Holly Springs. Nov. 4, 9 a.m. until. Call in orders welcome, 252-5656. Sponsored by Sweetie B. Brown. Pastor Derrick Gibbs.
• WORLD CRAFT PARTY Slayden Baptist Church, Marshall Assoc., 9:30-11:30 a.m. Homemade world crafts available for purchase.
• SUPPORT GROUP Byhalia United Methodist Church sponsored Christian divorce support group meets the first Sat. of every month, 11:45 a.m. at the church. Speakers for Nov. are Minister Melvin Shackelford and Michelle Spangler. For more info. call Lena Holloway at 838-2296.
• Huge youth fundraiser yard sale, First Baptist Church of Byhalia, 2555 Church St., Byhalia. Nov. 5, 7 a.m. until.
• Christmas in a Day, an annual holiday planning seminar, Sat., Nov. 5, 1 p.m. at Trevecca Manor Wedding Chapel in Red Banks. Hosted by the ladies ministry of CrossPointe Christian Fellowship of Olive Branch. Patsy Floyd, owner of Trevecca Manor, along with Judy Eggers, Lucretia Hester and Margie Mayer will make presentations. Call 252-2108 or 901-337-5120 for more info. Trevecca Manor is located at 516 S. Red Banks Rd.
• Benefit for Dallas Hunsucker and family will be held Sat., Nov. 5, 5 p.m. at Carey Chapel Baptist Church. Barbecue will be served, provided by Jeremy Moss with Showboat BBQ. Several gospel groups will perform, including Carey Chapel Quartet, Servant Heart Quartet and Mike DeVore. Money raised will be donated to the Hunsucker family for hardships suffered after a car accident.
• FASHIONETTA Omicron Alpha Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority presents Fashionetta 2005 Nov. 5 at 7 p.m. at Rust College. Misha’s Models of Jackson will provide the entertainment. See members for tickets or pay at the door.
• GOSPEL FROM THE GROVE The Spirit and Truth Mass Choir will be in concert at 6 p.m., Sat., Nov. 5, Pleasant Grove MB Church, Red Banks. Everyone is invited to come out for an uplifting evening.
• BEEF EXPO 2005 Marshall County Livestock Expo and Beef Cook-Off Contest. Nov. 5 and 6 at the Marshall County Fairgrounds on Hwy 7 North. Not only will the Expo showcase goats, beef cattle and sheep, but local cooks can show off their talents in the Beef Cook-Off Contest. For more information on show times and rules for the Beef Cook-Off contest, please contact the Marshall Co. Extension Office at 662-252-3541.
• BANQUET The E.U.T.H.U. banquet will be observed Sat., Nov. 5, 12 noon in the Hudsonville CME Church family life center. The Hudsonville church family will sponsor a Jamboree in the gym beginning at 4 p.m., until. Call Patricia Glass at 252-5439 or 252-9708 for more info.
• SINGING Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 3993 Cayce Rd., Nov. 5, 7 p.m. Church is located 1/2 mile south of Goodman Rd. Featuring the bluegrass gospel group, the Turner Family of Mountain View, Ark. Everyone welcome.
• CLASS MEETING Byhalia High School, class of 1995, will have a class meeting, Sat., Nov. 5, at Seafood Junction, 4:30 p.m. For more info. call Michele Newsom.
• Men and Women’s Day, Newell Chapel CME Church, Sun., Nov. 6, 11 a.m. Speaker will be Rev. Deborah Finley of New Sardis MB Church in Memphis.
• Homecoming and revival will be held at Holly Hills Baptist Church with Bro. Playto Shepherd from Kansas as guest speaker. The featured group will be the Bluff City Quartet. Homecoming services begin at 11 a.m. Sunday and revival services nightly at 7 p.m.
• SPECIAL SERVICE New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72 Slayden will be sponsoring a special event Sunday night Nov. 6 starting at 6 p.m. Special guest will be ventriloquist Judy Vaughn from Gulfport, and her “Little People.” Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend this special service and get a blessing from Judy. Refreshments will be served after service.
• CHOIR ANNIVERSARY Jones Grove Choir will have their anniversary at 3 p.m. on Nov. 6. All choirs are invited.
• WORLD DAY OF PRAYER National Baptist Women’s World Day of Prayer will be observed Monday, Nov. 7 at 6 p.m. at Hopewell #1 M.B. Church located at 365 N. Bonner Street.
• MARSHALL COUNTY MHV HOLIDAY FAIR. The annual Marshall County Homemakers Holiday Fair will be held Friday, Nov. 11 at the Marshall County Library starting at 8 a.m. with registration. A variety of speakers will present programs on crafts, dried flowers, garden glove windsock, scrapbooking, candles and other topics. Lunch will be provided. For more information contact the Marshall Co. Extension Service at 252-3541.
• MEETING The Marshall County Republicans will meet Sat., Nov. 12, 10 a.m. at Northcentral Electric Power Assoc., Hwy 309, Byhalia. Speaker will be Sen. Ralph Doxey; his topic -- the last session of the MS Legislature. Light refreshments. The public is invited. For more info. call 252-5151 or 866-649-1866.
• BENEVOLENT BANQUET Nov. 12, 7 p.m. at the Oak Palace, to raise funds for New Hope Village. A grand event for people of all ages. Log on to www.totalchangeofheart.org to make donations or purchase tickets by credit card. Or make a check payable to Total Change of Heart Ministries, P.O. Box 205, Ashland, MS 38603. Tickets are $25 each or 12 for $250 (saving $50).
• MEN & WOMEN’S DAY Mt. Moriah MB CHurch, 3193 Marianna Rd., Sun., Nov. 13, 10 a.m.
• YOUTH & YOUNG ADULT DAY Hudsonville CME Church, Nov. 13, in the 11 a.m. service. Speaker will be La Kendrick Wilson. Evening celebration will begin at 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be the Byhalia High School choir under the direction of Armastine Gipson.
(662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
managed and maintained by